Starting new cichlid tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I was just putting this out there but I wanted to start some sort of cichlid tank. I'll prob get a tank about 70g and wanted to get some suggestions on what would be good in that tank size. Plz don't recommend discus I've got em. So anything except discus. Also please give a little information on the fish you recommend. Thanks guys.

Well since there are more than 2500 cichlid species your going to have to give us some clues, or at least pick a continent...Africa, South or Central America.

Convict cichlids or electric yellow lab.... both breed eaisly...max for convicts are 6in. and labs are about 5in...... need about 30 gallons per pair to breed

That won't work. First your looking at 2 dif lakes which require different foods and care. It is not recommended to mix lakes. Labs are from lake Malawi and and are not overly aggressive. Aggression heightens when they are spawning, but generally less agressive. Convicts are known to be highly agressive during spawning and while caring for their young. Being known to take down a fish much larger than themselves, living up to their name. You'll want to look at fish that interest you and choose one and build your tank around that choice. Google is your friend. As well as use the literature in this forum on their website and ask questions!!!! Good luck!!

Thanks guys I would like Africa since I live in africa

Back
Top Bottom