Stock list issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would this work I'm totally out of my comfort zone with these. I know the calvus and Synodontis is a Tanganyika. This would be in the 40 B

3 Labidochromis Caeruleus 1m/2f
3 metriaclima Callainos 1m/2f
1 Altolamprologus Calvus
3 Synodontis petricola

NLS Thera a
pool filter sand
ton of rocks
80 deg.

I would really like to try this combo.

Totally agree with HUKIT. If you're gonna cross over, at least go for some rarer species or fully tanganyikan! Ya know, a 40b is a fun Shellie sized tank ;) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452787274.453409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really like the look of the black calvus. May work around them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I didn't expect them to turn on you so quickly!
But while you are in the sights ,
I 'll mention way back when I had tangs in my 135 I had one lone lab that caused no trouble what so ever...:eek:
I can feel HUKIT changing his aim!:hide:
I had calvus in the tank back then and they have since been one of my favorites of all time.

Opinions on Eretmodus cyanostictus?

Only a pair MAX and LOTS of rock work. They're conspecific aggression is high, and they are also kinda territorial. My goby fits in well in my tank but defends he rocks fiercely lol

I didn't expect them to turn on you so quickly!
But while you are in the sights ,
I 'll mention way back when I had tangs in my 135 I had one lone lab that caused no trouble what so ever...:eek:
I can feel HUKIT changing his aim!:hide:
I had calvus in the tank back then and they have since been one of my favorites of all time.

I expected it right away....lol
Other than TMRC most of the African guys seem to be gone.

Only a pair MAX and LOTS of rock work. They're conspecific aggression is high, and they are also kinda territorial. My goby fits in well in my tank but defends he rocks fiercely lol

That's what I have read either a single or a mated pair. Seems like a cool over looked fish.

Sweet choice with the cyanostictus, I've read their very big algae grazers, all my tanks are pretty unsuitable. That would be cool to see. Caeruleus have all been model citizens. Possibly too model with something like these those obviously I defer to the true experts. Acei would be great if not for the lack of length. My experiences with metriaclima species haven't been great though my greshaki has been alright. I believe the callainos is in that tempermant range.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Opinions on Eretmodus cyanostictus?

If your looking for some, Anthony from SI Cichlids, he's got blue spot and reds, and they are pairs. And I'm getting a pair myself, really nice looking fish, and pretty cool as they scrape algae

Sent via echolocation

Interesting. Because I have the ecoxotic E series full spectrum led and I know it will grow algae in no time if I turn it up.

If your looking for some, Anthony from SI Cichlids, he's got blue spot and reds, and they are pairs. And I'm getting a pair myself, really nice looking fish, and pretty cool as they scrape algae

Sent via echolocation

Thanks I just might order from him. Where is he located at. We have some really cold weather coming this week end and next week so it might be a while.

Sweet choice with the cyanostictus, I've read their very big algae grazers, all my tanks are pretty unsuitable. That would be cool to see. Caeruleus have all been model citizens. Possibly too model with something like these those obviously I defer to the true experts. Acei would be great if not for the lack of length. My experiences with metriaclima species haven't been great though my greshaki has been alright. I believe the callainos is in that tempermant range.

Do you have Caeruleus mixed in with any tanganyikan?

Thanks I just might order from him. Where is he located at. We have some really cold weather coming this week end and next week so it might be a while.

He's in Staten Island, New York, but he ships by airplane, because it's the cheapest and safest means for this season

Sent via echolocation

Do you have Caeruleus mixed in with any tanganyikan?

I do not, mixed with a few Peacocks and very mild mbuna(the greshaki and a few acei). I was scorned so strongly about mixing African lake species I've never attempted it, though knowing you I 100% understand any attempt at it knowing you will do your due diligence. I would say they will work out, just realise though they carry the mbuna namesake they do not carry the aggressive characteristics. I'm sure you're well aware.

Back
Top Bottom