Stock Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldieLocks1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello!

I am wondering how many Peacocks and Haps I could have in a 90 gallon/350 litre, 5ft long tank?

And could anyone please recommend really bright coloured fish of the above mentioned? I really would like the tank to look as colourful as possible! :D

Thank you

Peacocks for sure but I still feel a 6ft. tank is required for haps. As far as color goes it's endless with peacocks. I breed german reds, benga yellows, ngara flametails, and strawberry/dragon blood peacocks. Spend some time at the site below for research.

Species Profiles -- Cichlid-Forum

Peacocks for sure but I still feel a 6ft. tank is required for haps. As far as color goes it's endless with peacocks. I breed german reds, benga yellows, ngara flametails, and strawberry/dragon blood peacocks. Spend some time at the site below for research.

Species Profiles -- Cichlid-Forum

Okay, just peacocks it is! Thank you for telling me. The site is great, just looking through it. I like the German Reds.

I have some peacocks as well. Most of them are very colorful, so you have many options. But if you buy juveniles they may take up to a year to show their full color, so I've heard. I recently bought a Taiwan reef hap to put with my peacocks and he's beautiful. My sunburst peacock is also really colorful too.

Okay, thank you. Most of the females are pretty plain colours as well I noticed. Or is that not true? I really really like these guys Aulonocara sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" (Chidunga Rocks) and Aulonocara sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" (Maleri Is.)I got it from that list you sent me Hukit. What do you think would go well with these? And is there any male to female ratios I need to know about? I am getting a Fluval FX5 and two 200w heaters. But I am completely clueless on lights! If anyone could help me possibly?

What is the smallest growing peacock?
I only have a 45 gallon, I was looking at some peacocks but I know they can grow quite large.

You'll still want to follow the 1m/4f ratio but the problem with peacocks are hard to sex since they take some time to start showing color. I always buy a bunch of juvies to start then after I'm able to sex I start selling or rehoming.

Lights are for us more than the fish. Is this a 4ft or 5ft tank?

You'll still want to follow the 1m/4f ratio but the problem with peacocks are hard to sex since they take some time to start showing color. I always buy a bunch of juvies to start then after I'm able to sex I start selling or rehoming.

Lights are for us more than the fish. Is this a 4ft or 5ft tank?

Okay. So buy a bunch of juvies at first. Means I can't get too attached. Lol. It's a 5ft tank. Long and relatively thin if that makes any difference.

What is the smallest growing peacock?
I only have a 45 gallon, I was looking at some peacocks but I know they can grow quite large.

There are no peacocks that will fit into that tank. Maybe some dwarf mbuna like Saulosi may work if they're by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom