Stocking ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See, I've heard & read about the peacocks being calmer, but I have a few who go against that lol

My tank's dominant male is a beautiful strawberry peacock who can definitely scrap!! :) & who even scares my gigantic male Venustus!! & my Venustus is over 1.5 - 2 inches bigger

My mbunas are DEF the trouble makers though!!

ANNNYWAYYYY --- CAN ITALY KEEP KRIBS WITH HIS PEACOCKS?!?!?!!? lol

Yess anyone know !?? N yeah my peacocks put up there battle!!

The only experience I have had with puffers. A good friend if mine had a fahaka puffer that would actively hunt and kill anything else that got added to the tank. For what that's worth.

That sound right. Puffers are predator by nature. I have heard very, very few stories of puffers living peacefully with non-species tankmates for several years. Maybe just 1-3 years before something bad happening. Usually a lot less time than that.

Either the puffer die or the tankmate/s die.

I under stand that everyone I see and hear you bout the puffers but will some please answer my question on the kribs !!!

garfy said:
NO NO NO definately not kribs are too fragile.IMO they would be butchered.

Ok good to know what else do you think I could put in there ??

garfy said:
NO NO NO definately not kribs are too fragile.IMO they would be butchered.
hahaha woooo!! i was right!!!

garfy said:
I would go with your original stocking list but do 1m with 3 females of each.That would be a beautiful set up.
i agree w/ garf-ol-omew .. if i could go back, thats what i would have stuck with .. the only thing that stinks is most female peacocks aren't good looking

I know there not thats why i wanted to show a little more color or put something different in there for the tank to stand out ya know what i mean.

definitely.. thats why i continued mixing lakes, even after my research showed me it was wrong

my fish's colors are very dope & i gotta say the majority of them get along great .. i plan on removing my male kenyi, then i'll add 2 more female peacocks, (preferably strawberries) & 2 more female kenyi (if i can find definite females)

if you go all male peacocks & female mbunas, you could get some sweet colors for everyone .. is it recommended?? that i couldn't say lol but it would sure look perrrrdy :)

I MUST be the exception. The LFS told me it was ok to add a puffer to my African tank and ummm.... Yeah that puffer lasted about 20 minutes!! It was horrible!! The LFS guy told me to keep an eye on my Africans as the puffer may nip at them. He was DEAD wrong, I called him and he didn't believe me. I brought the torn up puffer back to him, told him... I certainly didn't do this!!

They honed in on the puffer and worked as a team to get him out of every place he tried hiding in and tore him up. I have a thread about it. The LFS was a total... Well I'll be nice, uneducated.

Puffers don't work as I've been told haha, but Ronnie you think male peacocks n female mbunas ??

Convict2161 said:
I MUST be the exception. The LFS told me it was ok to add a puffer to my African tank and ummm.... Yeah that puffer lasted about 20 minutes!! It was horrible!! The LFS guy told me to keep an eye on my Africans as the puffer may nip at them. He was DEAD wrong, I called him and he didn't believe me. I brought the torn up puffer back to him, told him... I certainly didn't do this!!

They honed in on the puffer and worked as a team to get him out of every place he tried hiding in and tore him up. I have a thread about it. The LFS was a total... Well I'll be nice, uneducated.
HAHAHA WOOOOO!! i was right AGAIN!!!!

Italy592 said:
Puffers don't work as I've been told haha, but Ronnie you think male peacocks n female mbunas ??

i mean, my personal experience has been successful SO FAR but my mbunas aren't fully grown yet so i would definitely ask someone more knowledgable.. but for me, it works

just research what mbunas aren't too aggressive .. i would NEVER suggest an Auratas.. EVER lol mean little suckers

Ok maybe yellow lab females ? Maybe some red or blue zebras ??

Forget red zebras they can get pretty aggressive but yellow labs may work they are less aggressive than most mbuna but I would keep an eye on them.No to the blue zebra's also again too aggressive for peacocks.

Well I do but I like my selection hahaha maybe if I Change it around put yellow labs blue n orange zebras, maybe Kenyi in there what do you think ??

going just mbuna can be gorgeous!! i'm not sure but i think acei are mbuna & they are AWESOME!! i would get those, some kenyi, some yellow labbers, & the red zebras .. that would be a dope spectrum of color .. if you buy adult peacocks you might be ok w/ zebras, IMO .. i have zebras & my peacocks dont give them the time of day cuz my peacocks are double their size .. again, i am an anomaly & very well may have tons of future problems / rehoming so doing what i do isnt recommended.

Back
Top Bottom