Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would just keep it as a Blood parrot only tank. They make great wet pets and if you want to add something else you can do some larger tetras. Like Diamond, Columbia, lemon or Beunos Airies and leave it at that.

With fish like BP's its not just length but width put a nerf football in the tank and thats what it will look like when its full grown.

I would just keep it as a Blood parrot only tank. They make great wet pets and if you want to add something else you can do some larger tetras. Like Diamond, Columbia, lemon or Beunos Airies and leave it at that.

With fish like BP's its not just length but width put a nerf football in the tank and thats what it will look like when its full grown.

I think the Rainbow Shark would be better as it usually will stay near the bottom so it isn't always in the BP's line of sight. I doubt the OP will go for a wetpet, and i think a Rainbow Shark and a BP is the best he will get with the things he wants.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

I actually have a 40B with:

Male convict

Blood parrot

Female JD

And a small rainbow shark.

Before I'm thrown to the wolves, I finally got my 55g and it's being set up tomorrow for them.

There has not been any aggression that has caused damage in my tank.

Convict is the troublemaker. Picking fights he can't win.

The bp likes to steal food from the JD.

JD and shark mind their own business.

Caleb

I actually have a 40B with:

Male convict

Blood parrot

Female JD

And a small rainbow shark.

Before I'm thrown to the wolves, I finally got my 55g and it's being set up tomorrow for them.

There has not been any aggression that has caused damage in my tank.

Convict is the troublemaker. Picking fights he can't win.

The bp likes to steal food from the JD.

JD and shark mind their own business.

Caleb

Well, for him i would be worried about the Convict. You were planning on the upgrade which is why you got the JD. Unless he is for sure planning to upgrade in the near future, i say no JD for him, and probably not the Con either...

So i stick to my saying; BP and Rainbow Shark.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Only my experience and I have had happy peaceful tanks with Parrots, never had a rainbow shark.

Blood Parrot goes great with following...(my experience only).

Geophagus (my personal favorite)
clown loaches (my personal favorite)
silver dollars
rosey barbs
denison barbs
green tiger barbs (never had any problems there)
silver shark
plecos (all different types)
giant danios
blue rams
spotted catfish (not sure real name-silver with black spots)

Never mix parrots with angel fish

I like parrots too even though they are big jerks. They crack me up. :D

This also depends on tank size. I assume this was in a bigger tank... Some of these fish are too big to be kept alone in the 40, much less with the BP. I also don't recommend the use of the smaller fish in the shorter area, but it might work... I would say it should be the BP and rainbow shark until he gets a tank thats at least 4 feet in length due to possible (likely) aggression issues.

Back
Top Bottom