Take a guess at what this little guy could be :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi there! Im new to keeping Cichlids :) Got this guy out of the "assorted cichlid" tank at my LFS.... I thought that he was a peacock, but I could be totally wrong! :thanks:

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 112
If you have mbuna it is not recomended to put peacocks in with them due to their aggression. I have a mix of peacocks and haps and a small amount of mbuna in a 180 gal with no problems. I have lots of hiding places in it and its a huge tank, that may be why.

If you have mbuna it is not recomended to put peacocks in with them due to their aggression. I have a mix of peacocks and haps and a small amount of mbuna in a 180 gal with no problems. I have lots of hiding places in it and its a huge tank, that may be why.
Right now I just have 2 yellow labs, 1 kenyi, 1 afra and those 2. Im working on an elaborate playland for them :) Right now I just have some cichlid stones and caves and fake plants. Im changing out my substrate to sand this weekend then I plan on doing a bunch of hotel like rooms with slate. I also have a nice piece of driftwood I plan on using. Mine seem to get along for the most part. The Kenyi and the one in the first photo definitely try to run the show more than the others.

Not a major attitude problem but as it gets older it will be the dominate male probably by its size and your tank mates you said. its a beautiful fish !!!

What Ive seen of my Chichlid's are .... that the books give you a good baseline to what the probables are but many fish develop or have their own personallity. but as Mogaraku said they are known to have attitude and rule with an Iron Fin :)

Not a major attitude problem but as it gets older it will be the dominate male probably by its size and your tank mates you said. its a beautiful fish !!!
Thank you! He changed color over night! When I got him he was much lighter and thats why I guess I thought he was a peacock!

What Ive seen of my Chichlid's are .... that the books give you a good baseline to what the probables are but many fish develop or have their own personallity. but as Mogaraku said they are known to have attitude and rule with an Iron Fin :)
Indeed! :D

Back
Top Bottom