Tank update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdaddy2

Aquarium Advice Regular
So here is my 55 gal tank...thanks to everyone's help and input. Got 8 cichlids and a pictus catfish in there. Would like to know technically what I got for cichlids though, because I basically went with what I liked..with caution.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389849205.874026.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389849223.282716.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389849237.796926.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389849251.102466.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389849264.676282.jpg

I would like about 50 more, but realistically what do you think? Any other types I can mix in?

Looks like you have red and blue zebras, kenyi, yellow tail acei, yellow lab and a OB from what I can tell

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So the purple and orange..zebras?
Yellow blue fins...kenyi?
What is OB?

You want to add 50 more individuals to this 55??? I would say 15-20 max, and I would do a bit research on how to properly pick out stock. I know it's easy to just buy from assorted tanks, but the problem is that many species do much better in groups with a m:f ratio of 1:3-4, and many species are actually not compatible. Rarely will johanni, auratus, Kenyi, crabro, etc do well with the more relaxed species like yellow labs, rusties, zebras, etc. I would plan out a stock list and then buy based on that, it will save you many headaches when the fish start reaching sexual maturity, when the aggression really starts to show

Or you can do an all male tank if you want to have a variety

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya the 50 fish comment was an exaggeration on my excitement of adding fish. So if it seems like I have the wrong mix now which direction should I go? I like almost every cichlid I see.

They definitely are liking the rocks, they hide in spots I wouldn't have even thought they would fit.

Pdaddy2 please please could you post your first photo from this thread on the thread named in this a good or bad aquascape for mbuna the op on that thread really needs to see that photo. Thank you.

So I have 8 total now would like to add 4 more. Any suggestions would be great. Thanjs

Wow looks really good looks like to took lots of time to aquascape that. Good call on the black background too!

Thanks! Ya it took a little time making sure the rocks were stable. Just put the background last week, a couple people suggested so I tried and definitely like it.

Back
Top Bottom