Temperature for Peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

Just curious what everyone keeps there temps at for their peacock tank? Mines hoovering at 82° and yet they still sit at the corner of the tank where the heater is placed.

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For peacocks, keep the temperature between about 78-82 degrees. They may be around the heater if they are trying to hide and dont have any other places. Or, check to see if your heater is still working, or maybe even your thermometer.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquariuml

More likely stress keeping them in one corner than the heater, water circulation should maintain pretty even temp throughout the tank. What size tank and what fish?

Is there a dominant male that chases the rest around? You may have better results by lowering the temp, IME cooler temps usually mean less active/aggressive fish, but doesn't affect appetite or growth rate.

Completely agree with toddnbecka. I have a 75g lake malawi setup with 15 peacocks/haps and I ended up lowering the temp from 82F to 76F due to my aggressive, dominant male. The aggression has gone done quite a bit so I would say it works. Hopefully it works for you as well, if you decide to go this route. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom