Top 5 Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Threadfin Heckelli
2. Keyholes
3. Festivums
4. Thorichtys Malcupinnis
5. Geo Red Head Tapajo

All are beautiful in their own ways & that I own them all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Then again, if your Salvini and Dempseys look like these guys it's hard to beat them IMHO...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410208238.508011.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410208258.122247.jpg

I think Firemouths only really look great when they're big, like this guy..,ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410208314.710948.jpg

Really like the looks of salvini and JD but they hide to much for me and salvini are just too mean.

IMO Firemouths looks good at all sizes I think mine have pretty nice color.

Attachments

• 20140721_212528.jpg
    20140721_212528.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20140721_212550 (2).jpg
    20140721_212550 (2).jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 89
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 90
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    254 KB · Views: 87
GBR
German red
Labidchromis yellow
Multiflatichromis (not spelled right)
JD

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yeah Rivers, nice Firemouths. To be fair, my Salvini is a pussycat, the larger Dempsey hides a bit but the smaller one not at all. I've had a bulb go and the lighting is very subdued but I might keep it like that as it looks cool and the fish look more chilled out.

Yeah Rivers, nice Firemouths. To be fair, my Salvini is a pussycat, the larger Dempsey hides a bit but the smaller one not at all. I've had a bulb go and the lighting is very subdued but I might keep it like that as it looks cool and the fish look more chilled out.

You lucked out I always loved the looks of Salvini but mine was a terror. If the fish are happier and out more I would keep it that way. I have been leaving my lights off during the day because the light in the room is bright enough. Its cool to see the colors without artificial light.

I'd love me a mellow salvini.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a female, and other than almost ripping a larger cichlids face off whilst attempting to breed with the male Sajica, she's never even given a dirty look to another fish.
I think the big male con is keen on breeding with her at the mo and she looks a bit scared of him, so I'm watching that situation closely.

Back
Top Bottom