tropheus dubosi stopped eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My lfs Is probably one of the best in australia. Owner had been in the industry over 30 years. I have know him personally for many years. He has kept tropheus in many tanks with manyyyy different fish. More then you could probably think of

My brother and I attended the ACA meeting in Denver last year as it was local and we caught a great lecture by Heinz Buscher met with a couple people who deal with tanganyikan's/tropheus. Have learned quite a bit about tropheus lately and I'm no pro but definitely have been around.

Well thanks for your help. I may eventually end up taking him out.
Would you know anything about mixing calvus and compresiceps ( both of the altolamprologus) I know bout calvus but not really compresiceps

I understand that a fish store owner can properly house fish. I'd hope so. Most everyday fishkeepers, especially new to tanganyikan fish will have problems which is why I would not recomend it. And just because I'm new to this site doesn't mean I'm new to fish. I've got 16 tanks in my bedroom with 20+ species of F1 and harder to find species of Apistogramma amond many other South American and 13+ dwarf shrimp species. My brother has about 700 gallons split between 12 tanks with 60+ species most of them breeding groups of African cichlids mostly Mbuna and tropheus you won't find in fish stores. Not counting the tanks starting to go up in the basement. You wouldn't know what to do with fish I have.

Just skimmed but tropheus should only be kept in species tanks or with other vegetarian fish like cichlid...I'm an exclusive tanginkycan breeder in ny and have breed many diff kinds of tropheus and other tang fish

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I will tell ya that them tropheus are something else. I wanted to buy them and put them in with my other guys but thought it was best to keep them in in their own tank after reading a few. I saw a few kind that were just awesome..Might just setup another aquarium for them

That stuff is typically pretty good. Next time you're there, just ask to see the ingredients and protein/fiber levels. The one thing that sucks about tropheus duboisi is people buy them when they have those cool little dots most of the time not knowing that all of those will disappear and it will just get a white band around it. If you really start getting into tropheus you will find all kinds of cool ones. My personal favorites are the Rainbows (red, yellow, blue) there are a bunch and the Purple Lufubu among others. Some of the coolest fish to watch.

I actually have a Firecracker tropheus, the guy who just called you an *** has the sick duboisi.

Back
Top Bottom