upgrade to bigger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah I have a gravel vac. they are good!

Yes a gravel vac is a must if you dont wanna haul 5 gallon buckets to do water changes, I recommend the aqueon water changer works like a charm you just hook it up to your sink and it takes water out and puts water back in like a hose.

Yes a gravel vac is a must if you dont wanna haul 5 gallon buckets to do water changes, I recommend the aqueon water changer works like a charm you just hook it up to your sink and it takes water out and puts water back in like a hose.

OMG this is something I need I never seen them at my lfs tho

Yep ive had mine for 2 years. You hook it up to your sink then turn your sink on then it will start sucking water out and siphoning the gravel, then you turn a switch and it starts putting water in the tank from the sink, its awsome I bought mine on amazon for 25 $ you can get them at petsmart too.

Yep ive had mine for 2 years. You hook it up to your sink then turn your sink on then it will start sucking water out and siphoning the gravel, then you turn a switch and it starts putting water in the tank from the sink, its awsome I bought mine on amazon for 25 $ you can get them at petsmart too.

I don't have a petsmart where I live just pets unlimited

I have 1 of those filters on my tank which is half the size of your new tank I think and I have never had any problems the water is always really clear. Good luck with your new tank

finally got a mate to come around to help put the tank onto the stand and put it in place and am in the process of setting the new filters up such a big job getting it all ready! . I'll post a pic soon. :)

about to put rocks ect. in the tank. should I put egg crate or something down first? I've heard you don't need to but I've also heard its a good idea. is it just personal preference? the glass is 10mm thick and tempered!
once the rocks are in I'll fill with water and post pics :)

well here it is. not quite finished yet but at least its got water in it and I've started the fish less cycle. I washed all the gravel and the holey rock but the water is still a bit cloudy. I will be adding more gravel to it it has about 40kg at the moment and I will also add some more rock and some fake plants.
all comments are appreciated. cheers. :)

image-3904895616.jpg

image-1044102077.jpg

image-1722138972.jpg

image-896711443.jpg

so I am on day 2 of adding nutrafin cycle to the water to help add BB and have tested the water again and come up with these results. ph by the way is 7.8.

image-1189628111.jpg

everything still looks as tho it's still at zero or less than .2 ppm.
I still haven't added any fish and the water temp is 27 degrees/C.
I guess it's just a waiting game now :)

Not too sure about that product but I think you need an ammonia source to see any change on the tests. Hopefully some one else will give you a positive answer

Back
Top Bottom