upgrade to bigger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kado

Aquarium Advice Activist
my lfs is selling this tank and I'm very keen to upgrade and was wondering if the filters lights and heaters that come with it would be sufficient for Malawi mbuna and possibly some haps or peacocks as well.
cheers people :)

image-1275337952.jpg

image-3699260900.jpg

I believe it comes with 2 of those canister filters.

Ive never heard of those canisters but they look like they will do a great job at cleaning a tank like that.

Good luck!

I think it only comes with 1 canister and 2 200 watt heaters but I could be wrong

sorted. got 2 of those filters. 1250l an hour each. all good. now just got to cycle and think about stocking :/

I was going to but the people at the fish shop said it would be fine to put my 2 mbuna straight in once the water temp and parameters were all good. but I'm not sure.
what do you think?

I would make sure my nitrates and nitrates were good untill adding them. Id be a little cautious with that. What I did with my O tank was make sure everything was fine and then I added a bottle of Tetra Safe Start which has extra BB inside then wait a day and check if your parameters, temp, etc are alright then add them. Worked for me.

But I also did a fishless cycle for a month so I would say do a fishless cycle, its less riskier

great advice. thanks a lot. I'll post pics and updated once its been delivered.
it's my first large tank so I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions further down the line.
if anyone has any advice or tips while setting my tank up I'd appreciate any help.
thanks again.

Just a little tip. When you put your heaters in the tank let them adjust to the water for 45 minutes to an hour, then turn them on, not sure if you already knew that or not. Make sure the place where your setting the tank is level before filling it up,
If you have any more questions just ask.

didn't know that about the heaters mate but will do. thanks.
tanks being delivered today so I'm stocking up on Texas holey rock and slate. probably a couple of fake plants I like the natural look of rock work over plants :) I've chosen small gravel over coral sand as I have coral sand in my 160l tank.
can't wait to set it up. very exciting. now I can finally give my fish the space they need. :)

yeah it's here mate but I just gotta build the cabinet and give it a clean before the missus gets home :/ once I've done that I'll be able to put the tank on the stand and send a pic :). by the way this is what I'll use when I first fill the tank. do you recommend anything else. cheers.

image-2842816575.jpg

I'll pick up the nitrate tester and some water clarifier today :)

Back
Top Bottom