Upgrading Tank Possibly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
So right now I have a 75 gallon with 1 Oscar, 1 Featherfin Catfish, 1 Convict cichlid. I know I'm overstocked but I do keep up on my water changes and all my water parameters are in fine. But I'm thinking if upgrading to a 125 though.
I want to just add the one oscar and possibly get another but what else could I get if I could add anything.

I would say you could have 4 large Cichlids in a tank that size. So two oscars plus two others and the catfish. Severums. green terror, texas cichlids, jack dempseys are all possibilities.

chew valley said:
I would say you could have 4 large Cichlids in a tank that size. So two oscars plus two others and the catfish. Severums. green terror, texas cichlids, jack dempseys are all possibilities.

With the convict also which I forgot

If you are going to upgrade and add another fish then get a 180g (72x24x24) or 225g (72x24x30). A 125g is a rather small upgrade and will only fit the fish you have.

Okay if I got a 180 what would be my possibilities the convict and Featherfin are staying in the 75 just the oscar is going in the upgraded tank but I most likely will buy another so I will have 2 of them

Okay that would be cool but here's a random idea don't know if it would work but 180 gallons with
2 oscars
1 Lima Shovelnose Catfish
5 Silver Dollars

Back
Top Bottom