venustus not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My vinny isn't eating now. I fed them tonight, n my venustus stayed put =( Do I need to medicate for parasites or wait? Help much appreciated

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130619_010248.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130619_010248.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 93
he's hanging at the bottom, not moving a lot, just every once in a while n to keep other fish away from him.. he'll chase em off a little, he has no signs of disease on his body, but does seem to be gasping... his mouth/gills moving more than the others.. not looking good, is it? I changed 25% yesterday was gasping b4 that tho.. I installed new canister filter then too. temp at 24 c and do not have testing equipment for water yet, (i know yall gonna reem me for that) but everyone else seems fine..

I was afraid of that from your other thread, now is the time to start treatment for internal issues. Clout is the best treatment in my opinion but you may have to order it online as I don't see it locally around here. The other medication which will also work if Clout if not available is Tetra's Parasite Guard. Follow this schedule with either medication. Remove your carbon if you use any, leave off the lights during treatment, and don't feed anything as this will only irritate the intestinal track further.

Day 1. Perform water change then treat at full dosage.
Day 2. Don't do anything besides observe fish.
Day 3. 25% water change then re-dose at full strength.
Day 4. Don't do anything again.
Day 5. 25% water change then re-dose at full strength.
Day 6. Don't do anything again.
Day 7. Massive water change in excess of 60-70%.

The last thing I would add is Epsom salt dosed slowly at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, then replace the only the salt you've removed from the water changes.

thank you!, will get started right after work, I'll keep ya posted, I hope I can save him

just wondering about possible affect of med. on the other fish?

just wondering about possible affect of med. on the other fish?

The other fish need to be treated as well, as they've been exposed to the issue. This can be transferred from fish to fish by mouthing infected feces. Treat everyone, the medication will not have any adverse effects as long as the directions are followed.

after 3 pet stores I finally got the right med., ( and salt) so glad I found it, first two both tried to sell stuff I didn't need grr, first treatment done

thank you, we're so bummed my venustus, Vinny the noose, didn't make it.. =(

Back
Top Bottom