Water change question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyNovice

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok guys this might be a stupid question but humour me...

I just added my 4 juveniles to my new tank on Saturday, been checking numbers since they were added, all is well.

Wednesday is water change day on my tropical tank, want this tank to be in on the routine but since he newbies have only been in there 4 days should I skip is week and start them on the rotation next week or just do it? Just wasn't. Sure if it was too soon or is there ever a too soon? Lol

Thanks!

Do it now. No seriously I would do it the fish will be happier with the water after the change.

Ps what % are you changing 25% ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do it now. No seriously I would do it the fish will be happier with the water after the change.

Ps what % are you changing 25% ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes 25% each time. I want to keep my new cichlids happy!

Congrats on the new fish.

You are safest maintaining a water change schedule. This keeps you on track with a routine, and more importantly keeps the water params stable for your fish.

Test nitrates. If they are staying high do 50% a week. Personally I do 50% a week even if a tank doesn't need it. Fish like clean water. Wouldn't waste my time with a 25% change.

Test nitrates. If they are staying high do 50% a week. Personally I do 50% a week even if a tank doesn't need it. Fish like clean water. Wouldn't waste my time with a 25% change.

I've been testing everything every other night since it's new. Cycled it for just over 3 weeks but I'm keeping a close eye on the new babies in there! Any amount of water change will be a breeze now with the python coming

Congrats on the new fish.

You are safest maintaining a water change schedule. This keeps you on track with a routine, and more importantly keeps the water params stable for your fish.

I have to stay on schedule with my tropical community so best and easiest thing to do was just do all the tanks on the same day. Wednesday is aquarium day! Lol

very easy all you need is a fitting to.attach to.your sink a then a T fitting and a shut off at the bottom ill take pics tonight

or just find a hot water bed fill /drain kit

but it cost me all of 8 dollars to make the part then 20 for the hose

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom