what could this be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm reading on treating pop-eye. Some suggest Epsom salt. Others recommend doing nothing and just letting it run it's course. I'll check params as soon as possible, but every time I have checked them they have been acceptable for a Malawi tank. I do 50% PWC weekly. Should I do a salt treatment or leave it alone? Does it need to be Epsom salt or can it be the standard variation of non-caking, non-iodized salts that can be used to treat other ailments. Is pop-eye contageous?

I dont know if its pop-eye. Usually pop-eye, the eye is literally popped up... His eyes looks pretty normal, other than the color. This looks more like just cloud-eye. But thats just me...

Usually, water changes go a lot further in treating most diseases than medications do.

Talvari said:
I dont know if its pop-eye. Usually pop-eye, the eye is literally popped up... His eyes looks pretty normal, other than the color. This looks more like just cloud-eye. But thats just me...

Usually, water changes go a lot further in treating most diseases than medications do.

I dunno. One eye is completely cloudy. The other one is only partly cloudy (no pun intended). I inspect them all thoroughly daily. I wonder what could have brought it on suddenly like that? Should I treat it or wait it out?

Do your water changes and keep an "eye" on it... Thats going to be your first line of defense, regardless. Im not sure what kind of meds youd use for that kind of illness... Hopefully someone who knows more about meds can answer that question.

It might be the hole-in-the-head disease. Google it and if it does look similar, just take the activated-carbon out of your filter for a few days.

EasyAquatics said:
It might be the hole-in-the-head disease. Google it and if it does look similar, just take the activated-carbon out of your filter for a few days.

Remove carbon to treat the disease? I thought one only needed to remove carbon when certain meds were added to keep the AC from removing the meds.

Today it seems to have diminished somewhat. I guess I'm not going to do anything about it other than my normal weekly 50% PWC unless the situation worsens.

My bettas eye popped up like this once. I treated with melafix for 5 days and did water changes and I went away:)

Back
Top Bottom