What is this bump on my African Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacimaeb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It doesn't act sick or anything. He has this bump and now his fins looks damaged on the top. Can anyone tell me what this is and how do I fix it?

img_2816646_0_7addb6c140a64a942bbbc4429a3618a4.jpg

Attachments

• 20140128_183105(1).jpg
    20140128_183105(1).jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20140128_183113(1).jpg
    20140128_183113(1).jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 130
I unfortunately don't anything about cichlids. However, in order for experts here to help you, there are some questions that would be helpful if you answer. How big is your tank? Do you know your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and PH levels? What is your water changing schedule? What water conditioner are you using? What other tankmates does this cichlid live with? The more details you can provide people with, the better they will be able to help you and your fish. :)

I agree a little more information would help, however you could start with a salt bath. One gallon of aquarium water in a bucket and disolve 4 teaspoons of aquarium salt (API) sells it. Put the fish in the bath for 20-30 minutes. It helps the healing process and kills any parasites on the fish. Is the fish eating? That is also a sign of fish health.
Looks like a nice Acei you have.

Good luck.

Your the 2nd or 3rd person this week to post something like I find that srry I can't help you though:/

I do not know what the water perimeters are. The tank has been established for about a year and very rarely do we lose a fish, probably been 6 months or so since one has died. It is a 155 gallon tank with 30 or so African cichlids.

It's a tumor usually comes with older fish. Sometime fatal sometime not. My wife's 5 year old betta live a few months after getting a growth like that. My friend had a very old I think 10 year old Mbuna ' had a tumor like that for years.

My in-laws goldfish had a growth much like that for several years, eventually it resolved itself and went away. They just let her be. No treatments.

Back
Top Bottom