Whats up, first post -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigBoyStatus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a couple Chocolate Cichlids in a 75 gallon aquarium. The bigger one is a female and is at about 5.5 to 6 inches long, while the smaller one is a male, and is about 3 inches long. The smaller of the two is not quiet as colored/developed yet (which is expected), but the larger one has great coloration. I do a 20% water change once a week, and i feed them beef hear, blood worms, peas, New Life Spectrum Cichlid Pellets, and the occasional feeder fish (about once a month). How long do you suppose it will be until they reach their full size?

Thanks for the help

I would up your water changes to 50% weekly and stop feeding the beef heart and feeder fish.

I think you are feeding the best pellet there is NLS and the beef heart really isnt as nutritious. Clean water and a good pellet will help them grow. The feeders are just too iffy and could bring parasites with them.

Yep no feeder fish or beef heart the diet sounds good besides that you are going to need at least 180 gallons per hour for filtration. I would up your water changes to 50% a week. It will take probably 6-8 months for them to all be full size. I would consider upgrading though chocolates get around 8 inches and can be territorial IMO a 6 foot tank would be much better for 4 8 inch fish.

Thanks for the input - the tank does actually measure to be 6 feet, but I understand what you mean.

The 75 gallon is 72 inches long. I have never seen or heard of that mine is 48 inches x 18 inches by 21 inches. Can I see a pic that's interesting.

Your good JWH here set me straight you are fine then with your 4 chocolate cichlids I wouldn't add anything else but yes you should have some nice looming adult fish soon!

Your good JWH here set me straight you are fine then with your 4 chocolate cichlids I wouldn't add anything else but yes you should have some nice looming adult fish soon!

Haha scratch what I said about 72g in that last pm josh I missread

Back
Top Bottom