white fin on yellow lab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, Recently realized one of my yellow labs was beaten up pretty bad in the main tank. ...I bought a tank divider for a smaller tank and gave "sunny" his own space to heal is nipped fins. his fins have begun to heal HOORAY! Ok, to the point- one of his fins on his belly, towards the back has turned completly white. Not its normal colors!
parameters are amm 0/ph 8.4/nitrite 0/ nitrate 0 . eating and acting complelty normal... Only new thing is rearanging substrate like crazy! any idea why his fin has turned white?? Ive never seen that before!

my yellow labs bottom fin, the one with the egg spots is allmost completely white. but its alwats been that color.

a lot of the time when a fish grows back its fins after serious damage it has no coloring, its just scar tissue. one of my yellow labs has white tips on his back fin and a white patch on his side from being badly bullied by another lab.

a.tetreault said:
a lot of the time when a fish grows back its fins after serious damage it has no coloring, its just scar tissue. one of my yellow labs has white tips on his back fin and a white patch on his side from being badly bullied by another lab.

Thanks, makes me feel better!

Back
Top Bottom