14 Gallon BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rndy

Aquarium Advice Regular
So far I have:
1 false percula clown
1 cleaner shrimp
3 naciasrius snails
Some small Kenya tree corals
And about 2-4 lbs of live rock.

I am soon putting in more LR an I would love to have 1 more small fish in there with some more live rock and coral.

Any advice on what fish and coral and how?

U could look at the last thread u started instead of starting a new 1

I was hoping to get more ideas from other people with this thread. You concern is appreciated and the advice is very helpful. Thank you

Yeah. U can add somethin to an old thread and it will put it back at the top. I c it all the time. And I do it myself. I've seen sum threads that r months old

I dont have much advice for coral, but you could get a fire fish of some kind or maybe a goby? Like a yellow watchman, or some other smaller type of goby. Maybe a cardinal fish?

I don't believe putting another fish in a tank that is already to small for the fish he has is be the best idea. I know everyone wants to start with a clown but in a 14 gallon that is already pushing the bioload since clowns are very very messy eaters.

For coral I assume this is the stock light so you can go with things like softies like cabbage leather, palyps, and mushrooms Nano Soft Coral Pack

Ya I don't think im going to test with another fish because of the reason. But thank you guys for all your help!

I started with a clown. My only problem was his aggressiveness towards everything else. I also had a yellow watchman. Cool but unfortunately took a leap of faith while I was doing tank maint. I didn't notice until too late. I have a green clown goby who is very peaceful. He takes bits of raw scallop fm my fingers. That's how I feed him, my cleaner shrimp and my Dendro Coral. That way there's no leftover mess. Also keep in mind that these goby's perch. The watchman hung out on the substrate. My clown goby sits in my Kenya and my Palau. I happen to like this but if ur into free swimmers, stay away fm these particular gobys

Here's my clown perching on a mushroom. He's trying to figure out what I'm doing. He watches over the tank like a vulture. Not the least bit shy

Attachments

• image-1236184273.jpg
    image-1236184273.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 86
Yeah. He's not the prettiest SW fish. But he has to b 1 of most laid back. Never gets excited. After the watchman moved on, I decided enough with the fish. Besides, I have enough FW fish. Turned my interests towards corals and inverts. I find them fascinating, personally. I've got Pom Pom Crabs, an Emerald Crab and even a pistol shrimp in my 14. I haven't seen the pistol since I turned him loose a few months ago. But he let's me know he's still around, by his snapping noise after lights out. I'm keeping everything miniature in my nano because I think that's the way a nano should b. But that's just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom