20L Nano Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aadair: Thanks for the info. I'll use my T3i and see if I can snap a good pic when I get back to the house today. I'll research hypo as you suggested and as far as CUC, I only lost two Astrea snails. So that leave me with 3 Astrea, 5 Bumble Bee, 5 Hermits and I picked up 4 Nassarius snails (1 Big, 3 Tiny) this weekend. My hermits are still doing well, they have been molting like crazy. I'm also open to ditching the snails when I start putting in corals.

Yeah, I stopped stressing over the pH because it always test at the same 7.8 like clockwork.

Thanks, you have any threads going on here? I'll make sure to check it out if you do.:thanks:

The reason I asked about your CUC is because I am not sure if they handle a hypo to well.. I could be wrong but I'm sure once you research it a little you will find out.

No threads start except for asking a question or 2 once in a while.. I'm thinking about doing for my 20 that I just started though.. Maybe I should do that since I have 3 days off from work! lol

img_2263137_0_fb0f7d13ea9e584f74dc08c9a508c518.jpg

img_2263137_1_462523a687230dbc864d955930a44b74.jpg

Here are the pics Aadir. Ich I presume?

I also did some research on Hypo and the inverts won't like it so a hospital tank is where it's at.

You should start a thread man. I always look back and I'm amazed how i've progressed and all the good gouge I got along the way.

Last edited:
Ahh.. Can't say as I've ever had to deal with ich (knock on wood) but it appears to be what the little guy has.. Hope it turns out ok with him!

My plans are to star a thread tomorrow! I wish I had done one with my 55 because of the reasons you mentioned.. Want to log my own progress with it.. Plus I am going to try my hand at corals for the first time!

image-1881099508.jpg

image-517930899.jpg

image-4263371535.jpg

image-2573360175.jpg

image-1624791681.jpg

So freaking pissed right now. Came home to find my tank thrashed!!!!! Apparently my girlfriends friend came into town for the day to take care of something at the local courthouse......lets her 4 year old run rampant around the house and he somehow found his way into my fish room. He dumped a full container of Omega One Super color flakes, about 5 brine shrimp cubes and then about 5 veggie rounds from my FW tank!!!

Ugh that sucks... Kids can be terrors... Start netting that stuff out :/ how's your clown doing?

Unfortunately despite my efforts of netting out stuff, and doing water changes……both clowns and everything else bit the dust… :-( There was so much food in the tank that has disintegrated and couldn't be netted out. I tried to syphon out as much as I could off the sand bed but I guess it wasn't enough. I woke up the next day to a cloudy tank with two clowns floating at the top. Ammonia had to be up above 5 ppm. So in short I had to tear the whole tank down and clean it so the house would stop smelling like crap. :banghead:

Sorry to hear that :/ bright side you won't have to worry about ich now..?? When do you think you will have it back up and running?

Not sure yet. I tore the whole thing down so all my rock is layed out on the porch, tank is cleaned already, I'll need to clean the sand and then put her back together. I can probably have her cycling sometime next week.

That's cool.. Keep the door locked next time!

Just finished a water change on my 20 and am doing some tests on the water.. Need to start my thread today!

Oh.....you don't have to remind me about locking doors around here.

Well you know I'll be following that thread when you start it. Good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom