Deer tick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

af2018

Aquarium Advice Regular
So when I was cleaning my tank today one of my nets had a live deer tick on it. Weird. I removed it and burned it but could a deer tick or any kind of ticks like that be able to feed on my fish?
We have 3 dogs that are treated but they’ve still been bringing them in. In the last couple weeks I’ve found several dying on the dogs and a couple live ones on myself.
I tried to Google this and it brought me up info on ich 🤦‍♀️

Thanks Andy I’m already too paranoid haha
There is cautious and then there is over cautious. One is not good. :whistle: Being cautious will hopefully get you to be careful about adding new things without quarantining first, spraying things in the house that the air pump can pick up or can land in the tank, making sure the new items fit into your current selection of fish/ invertebrates, making sure new water is safe for the tank before doing water changes and such, etc. Being over cautious will make the hobby not enjoyable, make you sick from the paranoia, freak out the fish and basically make things worse because you don't want to change anything and that's not good. So being cautious is not a bad thing in today's hobby. ;) (y)

There is cautious and then there is over cautious. One is not good. :whistle: Being cautious will hopefully get you to be careful about adding new things without quarantining first, spraying things in the house that the air pump can pick up or can land in the tank, making sure the new items fit into your current selection of fish/ invertebrates, making sure new water is safe for the tank before doing water changes and such, etc. Being over cautious will make the hobby not enjoyable, make you sick from the paranoia, freak out the fish and basically make things worse because you don't want to change anything and that's not good. So being cautious is not a bad thing in today's hobby. ;) (y)
It’s not just this I’m overly cautious with this 😂 surprisingly I’m still enjoying the hobby. It’s a lot of work for sure. The biggest mistake I think I’ve made is going to doctor Google for advice. Like when I first got back in I had 2 betas with a divider in one tank. Decided to add 3 neon tetras to each side. It took me 3 weeks to figure out the tetras were ganging up on my betas. They killed one of them but I nursed the other one back to health and he died last October. But I did the research before I added them. Everything I read told me they’d be great together. Also everything I read told me to watch out for the betas bullying the tetras so I never in a million years would’ve thought it was happening the other way around. It’s so nice having a community place like this honestly. Sometimes the answers are kinda hairy bc it always depends on personality of the individual fish. But I definitely have to give big thanks to Andy sager. I bug him constantly with my questions, he gave me excellent recommendations for additions to my tank and they’ve been working out beautifully!

Back
Top Bottom