6G Nano/Pico Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And sand is in anyway. Haha sorry to everyone who wanted GSP. I'll do a wall with GSP special for you guys. ;)

Anyway pics of water and sand and rock.

WATER! And my stirring stick.
IMG_0001.jpg

Bit of rock. Subject to change. Please give me opinions. Be harsh.
IMG_0013.jpg

The feather dusters. They are going in the back right hand corner at the moment. Also subject to change.
IMG_0009.jpg

EYE CANDY.
IMG_0011.jpg

Please post opinions etc guys. I want to know what you think of my aquascape, and any ideas for it. I will readily try suggestions!

NOICE! what is that coral?

and i know its just IMO but ive never really liked branching rock, i do like the general idea of the scape though, is it staying on the floor?

I actually like that rockwork you got going on. If you were doing SPS in this tank it would look really awesome to have all of the branching SPS on that branching rock. Nice tank dude.

Thanks guys.

The coral is a Scolly Australis, vote for it in the POTM comp for feb when votes are on. :D

I did a little rescape, pics soon along with latest test results, which I will remember this time. Been meaning to post them for 2 days. The rock comes from a well cured tank and I've only seen a small spike in ammonia and expect to be ready to swap over corals by sat/sun.

Kev, I'm not planning on going full blown SPS, gonna kinda follow you with Zoas and corallimorphs plus some LPS. Might have one or two. I intend to have at least 1 clam. Maybe on the sandbed.

And Corey, its not staying on the floor, just my current tank is taking its spot. And its lights. It'll be all fixed up by Monday hopefully. And with the rock, I'd never seen branching rock or tried it before (I assume it Tongan) so I wanted to give it a go. I think the shape of it really lends itself to a few possibilites. I really wanted to go with a Bonsai scape but it was too heavy to have setup without too many rocks supporting it.

Pics to follow. Stick around peeps. :D

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates but I've been very busy with work and school, and nothing much was happening, just plain old cycling. Current readings are:
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 1-2 ppm
Nitrate 10ppm

So give it another 2-3 days and it should be good.

Nice! Excited for you Mitch. The start of a new SW tank is always a great part. Almost as good as watching the entire tank mature.

nice, getting ready to stock this! not gonna go back and read it all again, but what are your stock plans?

I haven't actually posted any. Your lucky haha.
ATM I'm going to bring across the corals I want from my big tank which includes my Scolly and some mushys and some dusters.

My Mum really, really wants me to get a clownfish that our lfs has cause they are 'cute' because they are about 3/4of an inch. Not sure about it. And other stockings will be decided as we move along.

Also I rescaped. Opinions and suggestions most welcome.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Also; MY CYCLE IS DONE. :D

I forget which aquaclear are you using? Have you tried finding a heater that will fit inside of it? You scap is so nice and open who wants a big heater clogging up the view?

I believe he has the AC50. And i agree, it definitely is a great scape. I love open scapes like that.

Hey Mitch, if you want, look up something called a Hydor Mini Heater. It's rated up to 10G, and it looks like a small pad and would definitely fit in your AC50. Not sure if they sell it in Australia, but it's worth checking out. Very cheap too. Cheaper than most heaters you can buy. And reliable from what i've seen. I used one for my 10G FW once. Never had a problem with it.

Just giving you ideas..

Thanks Kev, already checked it out. I googled it for some reviews/experiences and it was about 25/75. 25% said it was great etc. The rest said it either failed or was too small. So I went the traditional way and got a heater with no numbers indicating set temp so I've got an old bigger one. I intend to remedy the prob asap. Also guys I rescaped. Again.
Pics tomorrow.

Ah good researching then. Guess mind was just a lucky non-defective one lol.

Maybe yeah haha. Pics to come later tonight guys. Swap over was done today. Ended up with $120AUD of lfs credit which was spent on a lobo, Monti and a trachy. Pics will be posted. Also got an led light to light up the aqua clear which is acting as a fuge with some macro. Pics to come. Just gotta hang my light fixture.

Back
Top Bottom