a few questions - 10g nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay im going to start a 10g nano and have a few questions:
- how many pounds of live rock do i need?
- what do you feed hermit crabs? (ive heard of feeding pods do most lfs sell them?)
- so far my stocking list looks like this: 2 gobies and 1 blenny(if i could have a blenny if so what type could i have?) with 1 emerald crab and 2 blue leg hermit crabs with snails
- could i get a firefish goby?
thanks in advance for the help sorry for all the questions

I know my hermit crabs and emerald eat frozen food that fall to the sand!

kathleen55 said:
okay im going to start a 10g nano and have a few questions:
- how many pounds of live rock do i need?
- what do you feed hermit crabs? (ive heard of feeding pods do most lfs sell them?)
- so far my stocking list looks like this: 2 gobies and 1 blenny(if i could have a blenny if so what type could i have?) with 1 emerald crab and 2 blue leg hermit crabs with snails
- could i get a firefish goby?
thanks in advance for the help sorry for all the questions

I'd say your overstocked 1-2 small gobies. Try for 20lb of LR bring home 10 put it in see if there's room for more try for 1.5-2lb of LR per gallon. Hermit crabs eat detritus but until you have fish you could just throw in a small amount of mysis for them to eat. You could get a firefish just pick carefully what you get since you can only have 1-2 fish that a tank that size can acomadate.

If she sticks with small gobies, like clown ones I think she can get away with 3 fish in the tank. :) BUT I don't think you can have multiple clown gobies as they might fight. There are some great nano fish listed here:

Nano Fish

15-20 lbs of rock is a good idea, and yep, just toss in some flake or pellets for the inverts you get, they will be fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom