Biocube lighting schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnthonyR

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a biocube 14 with a stock hood. I was wondering what other peoples lighting schedules are. I usually have my actinic lights on an hour before and after I turn on and off my fluorescent lights(usually 8 hrs.). My corals seem to be multiplying and doing well. Just wondering what other results people are having.

Do you know if LED's do anything?

I bought a strip of LED's and my corals seem to spread out very good when they are on at night?

Any ideas or suggestion?

I also have a biocube. It's a jbj 24g with stock hood and 12,000k 36w bulb and antic blue 36w bulb.

biocube 14 lighting

I have the biocube 14. I am new to the tank with a stock hood. Somebody please help with the lighting pattern. Which lights are which??? Directions are poor for a beginner!! Thanks!!!

I pout my blues on first for about an hour or so then my whites come on. The whites are the first ones to go off followed by the blues an hour or two later.

I use the small cheap timers you can get at walmart for like $4 and they work very well.

In total I keep the whites on for about 8 hours and with the blues for almost 12.

I dont use the moonlights that came with the cube, I find they dont really light anything up. lol The night lights are just for your pleasure anyway, using or not using them is optional.

It's a good idea though to give your fish and coral a total darkness period so dont use the moonlighting all night. :)

is it the dark blue or the light blue for the 12 hr period? The moonlight is the dark blue LED's?

Back
Top Bottom