Calculating the costs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some bad new :( my mom attached another string to the deal. Now not only do I have to buy the tank and everything for it, I have to buy a generator too :mad: looks like it'll be a while before I can rake up like 500 bucks for the generator. It has to be able to run the heater powerheads and probly the lights too for the coral. This is a major delay it may be years before I can start it up now :(

It is a good idea it's just more money tho. Last winter our electric was out for 8 days cause of an ice storm. If that happened again and I had a sw tank it would almost certainly go down hill pretty fast.

It seems amazon would be cheaper lol I will still keep watching cl tho. But I need to know what specifications I would need for it. It would need to run the heater, lights (for at least a few hours), powerheads, and my mom said it has to run the fridge some too along with the microwave but not at the same time
obviosly. The microwave would only be plugged in for when we need it. Do you think 3000w or 2000w would be enough?

lol if it has to run the fridge and microwave, tell your mom she has to pitch in. Both of those use ALOT of power. Check the wattages of the fridge and mircrowave, this will tell you how many watts you will need. Make sure to have about 300w-400w for the tank.

Ok I have a little bit of good news. My mom said shed help me with it for Xmas b contributing 200 bucks. However don't expect the tank tO start rolling along til next spring when I can start mowin the yard. I'm pretty sure the microwave is 900w I'll check the fridge later.

Well I'll have to tell her tht lol. What would be a good wattage to have to run 2x65w pcs, 2 koralia nanos, a 100w heater and the occasional microwave? I also read that things that run on motors have a peak when you switch them on. Well have to make a diy fridge like last year out in the ice lol. How many watts was yours rookie?

Jeeze.. :/ The shipping weight is 90lbs.. that's gonna be quite a bit of money to ship.. unless they are offering free shipping or something.. idk. Also, cell phone charges are nothing.. compared to a fridge and a microwave lol.. That's like peanuts.

Jeeze.. :/ The shipping weight is 90lbs.. that's gonna be quite a bit of money to ship.. unless they are offering free shipping or something.. idk. Also, cell phone charges are nothing.. compared to a fridge and a microwave lol.. That's like peanuts.

Well I'm going to tell my mom, the fridge won't work with this lol. But the microwave is 900w I think. I set up a thread for help.

This was a nice thread and all, but first of all my mom found a generator. But now I'm not allowed to have a nano anymore. :( any way it was fun to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom