How many is too many and does it man anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok question. What do the pods eat? Is it possible that I'm seeing them more at night? They look like flys in the tank!! The size of a needle tip!! All over. How did this happen or how does it happen.

Sorry for all the questions. I was talking to a fellow fish Keeper and he made it out like I struck gold.

Fm what I understand, they munch on algae, diatoms, phytoplankton and who knows what else. They naturally hitchhike with LR. That's 1 reason it's LR. I've also been told to supply my tank with Phyto Feast to keep a good supply of pods. I need pods to keep my Dragonet alive. That's all it eats.

And 1other thing. I can't imagine any tank not having pods. Just because someone isn't seeing any doesn't mean they're not there. After dark is a good time to look. I've found that using a blue light is good for spotting them. If u have lunar lights it's pretty easy to c them.

alink708 said:
how many stars does the haliquin go through in say a month?

1 sometimes 2. Depends on the size of the star. She usually plows through a nice sized star in 2 months. When she's out and about I know it's time. Sometimes I'll order from live aquaria it's cheaper and just keep like 2-3 in a small tank with a heater. Seems to work and they've lasted.

Back
Top Bottom