Initial cycle questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you Mitch and as I am going to do a water change this week I will rearange my rocks and push them down into the sand aswell. I just finished the plans for my larger tank that I plan to build and at that point I will be looking for suggestions on what to use my 5 gallon for. 3 thoughts I had were water change tank, refugium chanber in a sump system, or a frag tank when I get more experiance and more coral growth. As always thank you all for your help.

A small frag tank would work well so long as you had the proper lights over it. Get some nice SPS's in your big tank and then just frag branches on to frag plugs, keep them for a little to let them recover and then sell them. :)

Well let me get the big one going and we shall see how it works out. Thanks for the idea. I may have to come back to you down the road for pointers on setting it up as a frag tank though.

It would be the same as setting up a normal tank only with the rock. Bacteria would live in your filter media/LR rubble in your filter. This way you have all the room for frags. A lot of people make racks out of eggcrate.

I think I know what your talking about. I have seen some in videos on youtube, and my LFS has thier Coral set up in a HUGE tank all on eggcrate. When I get to that point I will have to do a little more research on it befor I set it up. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom