Lighting upgrade ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Planning a conversion from fresh to nano reef. I've got a Fluval Edge 23L and wondering what lights I can fit under the lid at a decent price. Any ideas?

Is this your first SW?

For lights, I would say most lower priced options won't fit under the hood (T5s come to mind.)
Also, from looking at the tank itself, it seems like to build an evenly dispersed reef that isn't concentrated directly below the hood, you would need LEDs with high-angle optics, at least if you wanted to fit everything into the hood.

You could do t5s over the length of the tank, which seems to be what a lot of people have done, but it doesn't really preserve the clean look that the tank comes with.

I found one suitable option, and seems pretty reasonably priced for a kit that fits under the hood. Plus you're getting 3w Crees. It has built in dimmers, timers, the works. I'd recommend either the 18w or 27w, btw.

Cheers. Yes it will be my first (but not last) SW. When I move house I will be looking at a much larger, more expensive but easier project.

What was the option you found btw? Cheers for the info. I'm not adverse to modifying he good a little to get the right conditions and look.

Cheers dude. I'll have a spy if they do them this side of the pond. Much appreciated.

Glad to help, didn't realize you were on the other side. Good luck with your tank! This a great place to ask questions :)

Back
Top Bottom