Lps corals in biocube 14 !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylover101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a biocube 14 cycled about 1 moth ago i have some daisy polyps in it growig beutifully in my tank and i want to add LPS coral i have already made a selection and will be purchasinmg them mext week from another hobbiest his tank is beutifull he toldme to check his website CORALS GALORE and. Told me to see what i want and make a list i already have :
1.Neon Torch 2 heads ( $25 )
2.Frogspawn Purple Tip 2 heads ( $20 )
3.Red Pulsing Xenia frag ( $15 )
4.Galaxy Green Star Polyps frag ( $15 )
5.Duncan Coral 3 heads ( $24 )
I have done some research but have mixed awnser i will also be adding these all at the same time
My tank parameters are perfect it will also be a coral only tank and i have biocube stock lighting
1.How do i acclimate coral
2.how do i light acclimate coral
3.where do i place them lightig wise (EACH)
4.where do i place them flow wise (EACH)
5.if there were to be any problems what would they be ad how would i fix it

Drip acclimation is the best way to acclimate them to your water. It usually takes an hour or 2, drip until the params in your tank match the params in the bucket your acclimating in. Float the bag for 20 minutes before starting the drip and I float them in a breeder box in the tank for 25-30 minutes after the params match to temp acclimate them. Aim for between 4-8 drips per second. For the rest of the questions start your corals in the sand bed and move them as they require

Thanks but will the corals that i have selected do good in my tank and is it ok to add so many corals at once

All those are easy low-medium light corals. I'd place the Xenia and gsp somewhere they won't grow onto every rock in your tank. Duncan's and torches always do well on my sandbed but my lights are much more intense than yours. Like bigred said they will let you know if they're happy with placement

All those are easy low-medium light corals. I'd place the Xenia and gsp somewhere they won't grow onto every rock in your tank. Duncan's and torches always do well on my sandbed but my lights are much more intense than yours. Like bigred said they will let you know if they're happy with placement

+1, good advice. I would add to leave room between the euphies and the others, especially the torch. IME torches are one of the most aggressive lps and can reach surprisingly far

Thanks i wont need any lighting upgrades right also i will be adding all these at the same time wont that be a problem like over stocking or like adding too may fish at once

But im more worried if im adding too many corals at once and i nuke my tank

Aren't there 2 different levels of bio cube that have different lights? Never gone the aio route. And if your worried about adding to many corals at once then add half wait a couple weeks and add the other half

I thought that there was like a base model bio cube and a high quality one, and I thought one had like basic cfls and one had power compacts. I really don't know was hoping someone with bio cube experience would chime in.

Oh no there is a biocube 14 29 and hqi wich is a better version of the 29 but there is not one for the 14 i wish there was

Yeah, the HQI is only for 29g, it just comes with better lights I think. I'm pretty sure it has metal halide lighting or t5 HO with more bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom