My Future Build 30-40g AIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure mr_x used this method and describes it in his thread.

Ahh cool...will see if I can hunt up his thread and take a look at it. I did manage to find one kit that attaches to the back of the stand with dual arms but it was like 130.00! If I can do the conduit cheaper I would prefer to go that route.

Oh yeah, way cheaper and a can of flat black spray paint and it will look real nice IMO.

Very exciting Dave! Can't wait to see the new setup. Btw, I checked out that light and it looks serious with 48 3w LEDs, you'll be growing sps and clams in no time :p.

Also, thanks for the compliment on the pico, appreciate it :) your tank is younger, and looking great! I really like the clown, he'll love that 36.

Still planning on the bent conduit? I've seen tanks both ways, ceiling mounted and conduit, and both look great. Conduit is probably easier to install though, and remains changeable.

One more question lol, I'm interested about the 10g, will you be transferring the livestock completely over, meaning the 10 will be a sump? If so, my only advice is to do it slowly after the 36 cycles, to give it time to handle the bio load of an established, stocked 10g.

Very exciting Dave! Can't wait to see the new setup. Btw, I checked out that light and it looks serious with 48 3w LEDs, you'll be growing sps and clams in no time :p.

Also, thanks for the compliment on the pico, appreciate it :) your tank is younger, and looking great! I really like the clown, he'll love that 36.

Still planning on the bent conduit? I've seen tanks both ways, ceiling mounted and conduit, and both look great. Conduit is probably easier to install though, and remains changeable.

One more question lol, I'm interested about the 10g, will you be transferring the livestock completely over, meaning the 10 will be a sump? If so, my only advice is to do it slowly after the 36 cycles, to give it time to handle the bio load of an established, stocked 10g.

You are very welcome digus :) I love your pico and it has actually given me another thought about doing the same on my desk. Would love to do a pico with a few corals, some inverts like sexy shrimp and maybe a rock flower anemone.

I am loving the light. The first time I plugged it in to check it out it almost blinded me haha. Still looking at the conduit yes. I need to get some measurements to take with me because the light needs to be about 12" above the water line so want to make sure I get that right.

Sump wise, yes I was going to transfer everything over after the 36 cycles and then work on the separators for the 10g. BUT, that may change now. My son is interested in my 10g for his fish since he has a round 3g right now. If he is serious, I will let him have the 10g and then take is 3g and turn it into a pico like I was thinking about. If that happens then I will either stick with a HOB filter and a HOB skimmer or maybe a canister.

I know canisters may not be the best for SW but I have to say, the one I have for my FW, which also has a UV light in it, has done a serious miracle for my 55g FW.

So for now that part is up in the air lol.

Yes can't wait to see my clown in it, and I am gonna get another one in hopes to pair them up. I am also loving this turbo snail too. He has been on the move since last night and he has cleaned up some serious algae that I wasn't able to reach in the back of the tank. Will be getting a couple more of them for sure.

Soon I will be starting a new thread for the actual build which I will take pics of as the changes occur. Would love to in the end do a time lapse like you have done just to see how things advance.

There's always room for a pico :D. I think it'd be cool to have that 3G as a side tank, to showcase miniature versions of whatever you stock the 36 with. The conduit should be a fun DIY experience, if only I had the time to undertake a project like this...

My only problem with my previous turbo snail was that it cleaned TOO fast lol. My mistake was adding one to a young pico tank, and it made short work of the entire algae population... took about 8 hours. Anyways, that's my story for the day, glad your snail and clown are doing well! I'm sure the clown would love a tank mate :)

Back
Top Bottom