16' Custom Aquarium - how to sell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrylic Tank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to this forum and joined as i'm looking for some help/direction.

I worked with a company in California several years ago to design and build this 16-foot-long, 750-gallon acrylic aquarium. It is made with 1.25-inch-thick acrylic walls, and measures 180 inches in length, 36 inches in width, and 30 inches in height. The tank is seamless and has an impressive view on all four sides without any supports in the middle of the panoramic view.

We built a premium wooden base which is outfitted with eight steel rolling casters. I need to move the tank out of my shop and am looking for a good home. It's a difficult item to sell (i.e. on-line Kijiji, FB Market place). This is a unique item and one for a very specific buyer.

Thought i would join this forum to seek out any advice or contacts that might be available. It's a real beauty - someone is going to enjoy it very much. Need to find that someone.....

Any help, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 3:4.jpg
    3:4.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 3:4 Long.jpg
    3:4 Long.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Front Dims..JPG
    Front Dims..JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Side Dims..JPG
    Side Dims..JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi and welcome to the forum. :flowers:
That's one heck of an aquarium. I can see how it may be difficult to sell. Have you tried contacting any public aquariums or wholesalers?

Hi and welcome to the forum. :flowers:
That's one heck of an aquarium. I can see how it may be difficult to sell. Have you tried contacting any public aquariums or wholesalers?
Andy, I have not tried public aquariums or wholesalers. I'll source them and give it a go. I'm looking for $6,500 USD but have very limited time to sell it. I'm afraid i might need to scrap it if i can't find a buyer soon. Greatly appreciate your suggestions - thank you so much!

Andy, I have not tried public aquariums or wholesalers. I'll source them and give it a go. I'm looking for $6,500 USD but have very limited time to sell it. I'm afraid i might need to scrap it if i can't find a buyer soon. Greatly appreciate your suggestions - thank you so much!
Hope it helps. (y) It would be a shame to have to scrap it. :(

Wow! You could almost go swimming in that thing!

If you can't sell it, maybe you could donate it to a museum or a wildlife rehab centre or someone else who may have use for such a large tank?

It would be a terrible shame to let it get thrown on a garbage heap somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom