My Juwel Lido build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

Thought I'd make a journal of my tank since I converted to the salty side of life :) The tank itself is a Juwel Lido 120 (120 litres) in black and I originally started it off as a freshwater tropical tank with real plants and driftwood, but I knew I wanted to go marine and I was foolish to waste money of the freshwater setup, so I listened to the little devil on my shoulder and converted it to marine :D

The tank has been running for 5 weeks now, everything is going well so far :hide: fingers crossed! I introduced my first pair of Ocellaris clowns last week and they have settled in well. Looking to get a tail spot Blenny next weekend and a few more corals :cool:

Excuse the rest of this post if its makes little sense in areas as I've copied it from another site.

Without further ado, some pictures of my little slice of the ocean

When I picked it up with all the freshwater gubbings:

New tank haul by Pandy100, on Flickr

Built and in position:

Juwel Lido 120 by Pandy100, on Flickr

Set up as a natural tropical tank with plants, driftwood and a 3D background (which didn't come out in one piece :cry: )

Planted by Pandy100, on Flickr

The start of the changeover to marine:

Lido Marine by Pandy100, on Flickr

View from the settee:

View from the settee by Pandy100, on Flickr

Getting salty:

Salty by Pandy100, on Flickr

I bought the top powerhead (2 of them) thinking I was going to receive the Nano 1600 version, but what the guy sent were the standard 4000 version, both model numbers indicating their flow rate per hour, if I had of kept the 4000s I would have had 80x turnover per hour which is 4 times what is recommended for the corals I intend to keep so plumped for an actual pair of Nano 1600s which are much smaller as you will see:

Koralia size difference by Pandy100, on Flickr

Then bought the all important test kits:

Test kits by Pandy100, on Flickr

Picked up 13.7kg of Fiji live rock and I must have changed the aquascape nearly every day for a week until I was set on the final position :angel:

Daylight mode:

Final rockscape by Pandy100, on Flickr

Night mode:

Under the actinics by Pandy100, on Flickr

Some of the living things on the rock :D

What the flip? by Pandy100, on Flickr

Little red thing by Pandy100, on Flickr

Fan worm type thing? by Pandy100, on Flickr

Clean up crew were bought along with a couple of corals, all doing really well and have hammered the algae no bother :D

I have:

1x Cleaner Shrimp
2x Halloween Crab
10x Black Legged Crab
10x Turbo Snail
1x Zoa colony
1x Xenia

Acclimatising:

Clean up crew and corals acclimatising by Pandy100, on Flickr

The Zoas under the blues

Zoas under the actinics by Pandy100, on Flickr

Halloween hermit crab by Pandy100, on Flickr

Black legged hermit crab by Pandy100, on Flickr

Xenia and Turbo snail by Pandy100, on Flickr

Zoas under day lights by Pandy100, on Flickr

Picked up a TMC Aquablue LED strip to act as a moonlight after the full lights go out and I think It looks good, although the SLR struggles, it saves me swivelling the reflector on the marine tube to block the light anyway :huh:

FTS under the new moonlights by Pandy100, on Flickr

Zoas under the new moonlights by Pandy100, on Flickr

Close up of the Zoas under the moonlights by Pandy100, on Flickr

Now we have Sheldon the shrimp and Leonard and Penny, the clowns :dance:

Leonard and Penny - Ocellaris Clownfish by Pandy100, on Flickr

Sheldon - Cleaner Shrimp by Pandy100, on Flickr

Ordered bits for a SCT-1000 temp controller of which I'm waiting to arrive but that should give me a more accurate reading and control of the temperature.

Think it'll be the purchase of a skimmer next as I start to add more livestock.

Hopefully have an update with a new softy or two tomorrow :fish2:

Thanks
Andy

Thanks guys :)

Without being racist, it's hard to find a fish that would represent Raj, so it is going to be a tail spot Blenny :lol: and Howard will be a wrasse of some sort, maybe a silver belly Wrasse due to the spots on their back matching Howard's alien pin on his turtle neck :cool:

It's extremely sad but we a big fans of the show (y)

Great job! Tank looks awesome. Love the rocks scape

Back
Top Bottom