Nano cube 24 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miketeachme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have my 24 gallon nano set up, cycled, and the water tests fine. I have live rock and sand Agee fish. I have to clean algae daily. would adding a protein skimmer help? Is there one that fits in my rear pump chamber?

By fine, what do you mean (what are the parameters)? Protein skimmers remove organic waste which is removing waste that would decay and raise nitrates. Algae feeds off of nitrates and phosphates. Phosphates can come from your source water. Tap water is just giving nutrients to the algae. What water are you using?

Mike tap water is noooo good. I'm surprised you didn't get some kind of phosphate reading by using tap water. For making saltwater and toping off fresh there a few things you can do. Ro/di systems make fresh water that's clean and safe to use for that but they can cost a lot. If budget is a little low u can get water from local fish stores they have fresh and pre made saltwater. Not 100% but I think you can use the water that u fill up at grocery stores. Double check that. So take out all the algae u can and do some water changes with good water and as always be patient. Let us know theres a lot of people here that know there stuff more than me. Ask anything. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom