New 3 Gal Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanonick4710

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, I am new to this site and I wanted to see what everyone thinks of my tanks. This is my newer 3 Gal pico Reef that I have had up for a while now. I look forward to posting more in the future. Thanks everyone.
img_871768_0_e7a45ecd51ef4733a881b04de05bd180.jpg

This tank has been up for aprx. 4 months now. I started it with water, live rock and live sand from my established 24 gal. This little tank stays nice and clean with weekly water chages. Thanks everyone and I glad you all like it.

Nope, Just some coral. Im not sure how a fish would do in such a small tank. Or, What it would do to the bio load of such a small system.

Welcome! I'm not a saltie but it's still nice to see someone that isn't trying to cram too many fish into too small a tank.

Looks great! I love pico tanks. I have a 2.5gal pico in my son's room. Besides some coral, I have a couple of scarlet reef hermits, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a green clown goby and a yellow clown goby. IME, the clown goby is one of the best small fish suited for small nanos/pico tanks. They are little and realatively inactive. They tend to "perch" on LR and coral instead of free-swimming around the tank.

Thank you everyone for your input. Its always nice to hear good things about your work. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom