New coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needles15

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright so I just bought a recordia mushroom and it came on this plug looking thing .. My question is , do I leave the mushroom on this thing and wait for it to let go and grab my LR? Or can I remove it cause its ugly.. And also if I remove it and there is still a piece on that plug , will another grow from that small piece!?? Thanks for the help!

Alright so I just bought a recordia mushroom and it came on this plug looking thing .. My question is , do I leave the mushroom on this thing and wait for it to let go and grab my LR? Or can I remove it cause its ugly.. And also if I remove it and there is still a piece on that plug , will another grow from that small piece!?? Thanks for the help!

Thats called a frag,
If you stick it in a hole in your live rock the coral will dventually grow around it and you wont even notice its there
Removing it from that (dependent on how its stuck on it). Could kill it if your not careful

Thats called a frag,
If you stick it in a hole in your live rock the coral will dventually grow around it and you wont even notice its there
Removing it from that (dependent on how its stuck on it). Could kill it if your not careful

Okay thanks for the info.. That's how I have it now , I wedged it into my LR .. Hoping it lets go sometime cause I'm a bit of a perfectionist and can't handle that in my tank ! But I guess I can since it may hurt it.. Thanks again!!

Okay thanks for the info.. That's how I have it now , I wedged it into my LR .. Hoping it lets go sometime cause I'm a bit of a perfectionist and can't handle that in my tank ! But I guess I can since it may hurt it.. Thanks again!!
It will never let go. It will grow to cover it. Corals don't let go like that unless they're severely stressed.

I would consider yourself lucky you got a shroom that stays in place on a plug. I cant count how many mushrooms I've bought that have fallen off the plug and just flew around the tank never to be seen again. lol

Yep, just find a nice spot to wedge it and as it grows and spreads you'll never see the plug again anyways. :)

I would consider yourself lucky you got a shroom that stays in place on a plug. I cant count how many mushrooms I've bought that have fallen off the plug and just flew around the tank never to be seen again. lol Yep, just find a nice spot to wedge it and as it grows and spreads you'll never see the plug again anyways. :)
Really? Lol never in my life have I had one that let go :D guess I'm a lucky one!

I would consider yourself lucky you got a shroom that stays in place on a plug. I cant count how many mushrooms I've bought that have fallen off the plug and just flew around the tank never to be seen again. lol

Yep, just find a nice spot to wedge it and as it grows and spreads you'll never see the plug again anyways. :)

Yeah I'm with you I guess lol.. It let go and just moved down on the rock about an inch! Pretty much right where I wanted it!! Took the frag out, should I keep it or trash it?

Back
Top Bottom