New saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first sw tank was a 29g so yeah, I think it's an okay size. :)

You dont really need a skimmer if you do your weekly water changes and its got enough volume so that things don't go south in too much of a hurry. :)

Thanks alot :) wht about the underwater pump that makes current is that neccessary

A powerhead or two is necessary . I was running 2 750gph Koralias in my 29g and it seemed to be the right flow for my tank, but I also had ALOT of rock in there. The fish didnt seem to mind that much. :) I believe the turnover rate youre looking for is 10x the water volume or maybe 15x. I always forget. lol

I was only running a hob aquaclear filter though so I wasnt getting alot of flow from that so I made up for it in powerheads.

Thanks, now i get it makes alot more sense now, so they create current and how much do they roughly cost ?

A powerhead or two is necessary . I was running 2 750gph Koralias in my 29g and it seemed to be the right flow for my tank, but I also had ALOT of rock in there. The fish didnt seem to mind that much. :) I believe the turnover rate youre looking for is 10x the water volume or maybe 15x. I always forget. lol

I was only running a hob aquaclear filter though so I wasnt getting alot of flow from that so I made up for it in powerheads.

You answered a question I hadn't even asked yet. :) I have a 45 gal and installed two Maxi Jet 400. I should be good as long as I have them directed correctly right?

You answered a question I hadn't even asked yet. :) I have a 45 gal and installed two Maxi Jet 400. I should be good as long as I have them directed correctly right?

Yep, just point them towards each other and maybe towards the back or front glass. You wanna make sure there are no "dead' spots where the water doesnt move and stuff can build up.

Back
Top Bottom