Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merged both threads together. Please do not double post in separate forums. The appropiate forum for your question was the nano reef forum.

Dont worry about it. The site really gets untidy when we post the same thing in different forums. You know now so everything is OK.

kk btw i looked at your pics and i reall like your tank how is the torch is it easy to take care of i want one but someone told me they spread like crazy and will take over my whole entire tank.

It`s pretty easy to me. I dont target feed it. It gets what it needs from the water column and lighting. I have a 6 ft tank so it wont overgrow it but I can see where it might in a nano tank.

Maybe a small piece if you plan to upgrade in the future. What you have to worry about is that they have sweeper tentacles that will sting other corals. The more I think about it the more I think maybe not in a nanno. The sweepers will come out 5-6 inches.

ok i think im gonna get a leather than or a feather duster or something does that sound a little bit better

ok ill look into it but itll be a while cause im getten some fire shrimp tomarrow and i need some time to get some money lol

Panza, I think you need to slow down and take some time to read through these threads and search a bit around the forum. So many people have tried to help with your problems, but it seems as though its not getting through at times. Not trying to be mean, but please please research. Feather dusters are great, but need an established tank..( several months at least) it sounds as though yours is still getting stablized, especially with the amount of fish deaths you've had already. I would personally return the scooter ( they're all too common at LFS) as they work pretty much the same way as the beautiful mandarins.. I'd love one but even I wouldnt think of adding one to my 55 gallon ( I dont have a refugium). They're small, but need about 100x's their weight in live food to survive. Many LFS will try to tell you otherwise. You may want a shark for example, but obviously most people arn't capable of caring for one, no matter how bad they want one. my LFS recently had a long nosed orange spotted filefish for sale... cheap only $20, but dont let cheap prices fool you, it doesnt mean they're easy to care for.. ive read at least 90% of these beautiful fish die in tanks, even by professional ( aka zoo etc) aquarists. Some species just belong in the ocean, plain and simple. Thats why its important to research.

Just trying to offer friendly advice, dont take me wrong :)

holy cow i already sed i wouldnt get a mandarin this is like the 90th time im not getting one we already went over this you guys are getting really onnoying

Panza people are trying to be nice to you and offer their advice and experience. No reason to be rude. We maintain a friendly atmosphere here and want to keep it that way.

Read the post a little more thorough :) I said you should return the scooter, they are about the same as mandarins, food demanding wise. Just looking out for your fish and helping you avoid any further losses and stress on your part, is all.

well if people keep bugging you about something you talked about like 90times would u get a little mad hmmmmmm i thought so

Panza people are trying to be nice to you and offer their advice and experience. No reason to be rude. We maintain a friendly atmosphere here and want to keep it that way.

I second that. Stay cool. Sometimes folks dont read every post esp. if its a long one. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

well if people keep bugging you about something you talked about like 90times would u get a little mad hmmmmmm i thought so

Hmm, if someone kept posting about the same issues and not listening, wouldn't you get annoyed!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom