Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
opinions

Hey im copying Blasterx on this thread but im sure they wont mine. I just want a few opinions on what else to add. Im maybe a month or two into this fishtank tell me what you think. By the way tomarrow im going to go get one or two Fire Shrimp. I couldnt get a good shot of my Gramma.

FISH 001.jpg

My scooter blenny

FISH 002.jpg
one of my coral

FISH 003.jpg

another coral

FISH 005.jpg

My tank

i first got in in mid august than in 2 weeks i got a nemo fish than a week or two after i got the royal gramma and the blenny than bout 3 days after thar the clown died and now im with my gramma and blenny heres an actual pic of the gramma

I have the 14 gal biocube as well. With almost the same fish! My percula clown was added the first 3 weeks into set up. Is still fine. Then I got the royal gramma and mandarin goby (bad idea-doesn't eat like the LFS manager said he was) a month after set up. I just added a horseshoe crab (he's tiny) and a blue spiney lobster (1 1/2 inches). All is well so far I do bi-weekly water changes about 20%.

I have the polyps (pictured in your second picture) and one little blue mushroom on the live rock frag I got.

DJ, those horseshoe crabs can get up to 2-3 feet long. You may want to consider taking the mandarine back too, since they, like the scooter blenny need tons of pods. You may want to quit taking the advise of the person at the LFS and post here. We give free advice, LFS is out to make money....Just some food for thought.
Oh, and my personal experience on the scooter, I had one in my 55, well estabilished tank and he starved....

really i luv my scooter he is doing great......

Do any of you think i can pull of a clown goby or a green clown goby ive been looking into them and they are pretty awesome :)

I agree with the mandarin goby (I was very hesitant (because I knew they were reluctant eaters) but the manager said he's been eating shrimp meal on a regular basis. He lied) The horseshoe crab on the other hand is of another species then the typical atlantic ocean variety. I'll keep an eye on it. But I don't feel it will get any larger. If it does, I'll place him in my 75gal.

yeh hmm im still debating if i should get a mandarin ive been thinking bout it for a while i think im gonna get one of those or a clown goby those things are sick but first im getten my fire shrimp im reallly realllly realllly excited for em!

Your scooter blenny eating? What does he eat that your feeding him?

ok i wont get a mandarin but ya my scooter blenny doing great (i think) ive had him for a month and he seems like hes doing well what are signs that there "starving" ive just been feeding it marine cuisine its a real meaty food. the LFS told me that it would only eat meat cause before i used emerald which is more green with my clown but ya he is doing well but ya make sure u get the frozen kind :)

Is the scooter blenny eating for you? They live mostly on pods and can be tuff to get to eat. Unless it's eating what you feed the other fish, it may not last long.

well ive had it for maybe a month or a little over and its eating fine i just feed it the marine cuisine the LFS said to just give it a real meaty food and the marine cuisine has seemed to be working out

what are signs that there "starving"
They start to look thinner. Sides start to sink in and they basically look like "skin and bones". The thing is that they still act "Healthy" as far as their activity level remains that of a healthy fish, that's why their behavior is misleading. I don't even think "they" realize they are starving themselves. :( Pretty sad.

yeh im pretty sure mine doesnt look like that i think he is doing fine oh ya how much do fire shrimp normally go for cause i think this store is selling me it over priced

Back
Top Bottom