planning on starting a 10gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
after keeping a 55gal reef tank i want to put a 10 in my room what would be a good light to keep sps in the 10 as i dont want to put too much light over the 10...i dont want to get mh

to be able to keep most SPS your going to have a hard time without investing in MH. You may be able to load up on PC, but im not sure if they make fixtures with that kind of wattage that small. What do you have against MH?

to be able to keep most SPS your going to have a hard time without investing in MH. You may be able to load up on PC, but im not sure if they make fixtures with that kind of wattage that small. What do you have against MH?

i dont have anything against mh i think they're great for sps but mh over a 10 i think it would be too much...plus ive had have success with t5 so i would likve to stick with t5 until they fail me but i just wanted to know howm uch t5 over the 10 would be enough for sps.

but if it cant be done with t5 over a 10 ill settle for halides.

A popular pc is the Coralife Aqualight 'Power Quad' 1x96w if you like pc's, but trends are veering towards t-5 lighting with a 4x24w being more than enough light for a 10g sps.

Back
Top Bottom