Six line wrasse, mad stock for a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've had my saltwater up an running about a year now, complete with my 4 corals, a cleaner shrimp, various hermits, and my 6 line. Everything is working great, but I would like to add one more fish. A sedentary fish, such a blue neon or a yellow clown goby. I know my wrasse can be aggressive but has only showed curiosity to anything new into the tank (besides floating bags, he does not like those)
So do you think a max stock is a six line it could I add one more fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also mention max stocking for a 10g haha not mad

A 6 line is a fish that should be housed in a larger tank with how active of swimmers they are. I had one in my old 36 and it was always all over the place. That said, when I added a royal gramma to the tank they went at it. Any fish put in will reach a similar result in such cramped quarters.

Ah, okay then. I did research the fish quite a bit before I bought one, and many sites said 10g was the min for the fish. I also know royal grammar are aggressive by nature. I do agree with you on the fact they need larger tanks, I wish I could upgrade the little guy now ( he's only a inch an a half long) but I do not have the space. But I do plan on one day, turning my 36 into a saltwater.

Six Lines are pretty mean lil dudes, and in a smaller confined space, I'd not put anyting in there with him, he's liable to kill them.

I am interested in knowing how u were able to have 4 corals in that 10g

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am interested in knowing how u were able to have 4 corals in that 10g

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used to have well over 20 some corals in my 10...lol.

Small frags don't take up a lot of room as take a bit to grow out

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429904515.690227.jpg
See all my corals are still pretty small an I frag an sell them when they get to big for what size I wanna keep. Wheel an deal. I won't add anything else to the tank fish wise, I do plan to upgrade eventually, I wanna buy a rimless or turn my bow front into a saltwater. My wrasse is still very small , inch to inch an one half with lots of caves an hiding spots. Upgrading is hard with collage looming in a few years,

IMO I think that you should be able to add another fish but as a precaution you should add it at night. I introduced a maroon into my 60 once and he was beat up within a hour or 2. So I took him out, quarantined him for a few weeks then tried again after dark and he has be happy and no signs of nipping and it's been 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom