Something wrong with my frogspawn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everybody, i will like to know what is going on with my frogspawn coral is loosing something like brown skin of the skeleton, the coral open really good , I feed it and eats good once every week a little piece of scallop.

With my jobs I have only the night time to check the water parameters and feed them even my fishes, and tonight i saw this brown skin off of my coral.

Does anybody know what is happen with my coral?

Thank you everybody

Attachments

• image-4040641683.jpg
    image-4040641683.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 170
  • image-3153557946.jpg
    image-3153557946.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 170
I have never experienced it by I have researched this before it may be brown jelly disease...look it up and research to verify, also someone will chime in and verify...Get some better pics...without the blue lights.

I have never experienced it by I have researched this before it may be brown jelly disease...look it up and research to verify, also someone will chime in and verify...Get some better pics...without the blue lights.

This is the best shot that I made! And i'm looking info about it, but will my coral die?

Attachments

• image-753037307.jpg
    image-753037307.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 174
Waiting on someone to chime in that has experienced this first hand. My experience is from research and reading...really looks like brown slime disease... but can you give more info. that might help...how long have you had the frogspawn? what are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, salinity...ect...size of tank and other corals you may have are they healthy. how often do you do water changes....brown slime disease is contagious to other corals but from my research if you remove it (quarantine) you may kill it by stress.

Don't feed it anything to start. You are probably stressing it out by doing that. This coral relays on photosynthesis for its food. In other words lighting. I have one and have never feed it a thing. How is you water conditions and you lighting set up? I would start with that.

Could possibly be the start of brown jelly but if it is it's definitely in an early stage. When it comes to brown jelly its pretty obvious when its full blown and by that time it's to the point of no return.

Don't feed it anything to start. You are probably stressing it out by doing that. This coral relays on photosynthesis for its food. In other words lighting. I have one and have never feed it a thing. How is you water conditions and you lighting set up? I would start with that.

Hello tank for your answer.

My system is a Micro Nuvo 30 gallons and on one of the chambers i have a mini refugium, with the lights turn on when the main lights goes off, my Lighting is 150w of a kessi hours lighting about 9-10 hours a day, my parameters are :
Ammo 0ppm
Ph 8.0
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Kh 9
Phosphates 0 ppm
Calcium is 400
Salinity 1.024
Temperature 76 -78 F
Two water pums on is and the right wall and the other one is on the left wall.

I'm using also BioKit reef dosing every 15 days.

The water of my aquarium is really closer to crystal clear, I mean , i'm trying to find a way to stop the micro bubbles that probably my skimmer does, I'm using skinmate of innovative marine it works really good it take a lot of dirty stuff out of the water, sometimes is greener sometimes is kind of browner but is working 24/7. I'm using , purigen, chemipure elite, phosguard on a intank basket .

Thanks

Could possibly be the start of brown jelly but if it is it's definitely in an early stage. When it comes to brown jelly its pretty obvious when its full blown and by that time it's to the point of no return.

If is brown jelly, how can stop it? And keep alive my coral.

All parameters seem fine to me. Does it stay sucked in or does it fully extend when the lights are on?

Remove the brown slime stringy material (you can often siphon most of it out). Do this while the coral is still in the aquarium. Hold a siphon hose an inch or so away from the slime and start the siphon hopefully the brown slime will siphon off the coral into the bucket. Do not reuse the water in that bucket. you need to have good current in tank Aim powerhead so water current at the coral's affected area so it does not become reinfected. what type powerheads do you have, good current around and thru corals will keep them healthyalong wiyh good water parameters and lighting...ect......

Remove the brown slime stringy material (you can often siphon most of it out). Do this while the coral is still in the aquarium. Hold a siphon hose an inch or so away from the slime and start the siphon hopefully the brown slime will siphon off the coral into the bucket. Do not reuse the water in that bucket. you need to have good current in tank Aim powerhead so water current at the coral's affected area so it does not become reinfected. what type powerheads do you have, good current around and thru corals will keep them healthyalong wiyh good water parameters and lighting...ect......

I did it, I removed all the brown slime and I place the coral into a current water, I don't remember the powerhead name but they do a good water movement and also I'm using the spin stream to do a different current into the tank.

How long time I should leave the coral in the water movement??

Thanks for the answers !

keep it in good water movement until the brown slime is gone and does not reappear prolly a couple days. and watch the coral it may like the water movement as long as it looks happy things are good... post a pic....

Oops * Didnt think much of it but it went away on its own. Frogspawn stays full extended and i dont feed my frogspawn at all

Yeah!! The Brown Slime gone! For now!! My frogspawn looks naked!! Hehehe? but it keeps open all the time, right now I have place it in high current and it likes it. I just hope that this disease never come back. And also i hope the skeleton of my frogspawn turns its greener color back!!

I want to thank you to all of you that help me with tips and comments in my coral problem, right now my coral is fully wide open and looks good!

Any changes i'll post it!!

TANKS EVERYBODY!! Hehe!!

Back
Top Bottom