Stocking for nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilikefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently talked my parents into buying me 12 gallon nano cube for christmas and wondering what fish i could add to it.Anyone got a nano cube and whats your stocking list? thanks. OH BTW i already have an occelaris clown , bicolor blenny , and a damsel in my larger tank but looking for something different besides these 3.

El Diablo,

Great Link! Of course you would only want 1-2 maybe 3 (if all are really small) fish in a Nano along with some inverts.

I have been considering one with the idea of experimenting with some corals and possibly a more exotic anenome. No way to afford proper lighting for my 75 gal right now. Does anyone now how the lighting system is that comes with it for supporting certain corals and lets say a BTA?

What I like about the 12g nano cube is they seem like everything you need for about $100-$120 to get started plus stocking.

I was at my LFS and I see then now make a 24gal Nano for about $250. Have not seen much on these yet though.

Thanks,

from what i understand (and have seen) the lighting will support soft coral, like mushrooms, zoos and some leathers. i think it is 24 watts. i dont see that lighting supporting a BTA. many will say you cant have an anemone with out metal halide lighting. i have heard the rose BTA's can be supported by about 5 watt per gallon of PC with extra feedings.

where in WI are you from? i am in kenosha. nice last minute win yesterday!!!

steve r

Thanks,

I will do some more investigating. I think are right about 24 watts not sure if it is PC or not. Currently I have condy and rock flower anenome in my 75 gal that do well in lower light. Just thinking of something to possibly host with a clown.

You are right the Pack pulled off a big one yesterday it was looking pretty grim in the 1st half especially after the humiliation with Philly. I live in Janesvile and work in Madison.

The JBJ nano cubes are 24watt pc. They also started making a deluxe model that has 2x24 watt pc bulbs. If you check out nano-reef.com there are some great diy lighitng ideas that people have used to support coral/anemones.

A pair of shrimp gobies and a pistol shrimp, pair a neon gobies, and ornamental shrimp would be a nice selection. Also a black and white percula would be a different yet pretty clown. Do a search for nano tanks on this site and there will be plenty of ideas for your new tank. HTH, Wolf

Thanks for the advice everyone.Oh im getting the deluxe version which includes the 48 watt 50/50 PC bulb.

Back
Top Bottom