Ten gal bf!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys. I can get a complete 10 gal bowfront tank for $20! I REALLY wanna make a nano tank. But, it has a undergravel filter... could i use it with crushed coral??? Thanks!

I would, and put in screening over top the under gravel, then load 4-5 inches of crushed coral. Bye bye nitrate!

AquaRick said:
Yeah, take out that filter and just put in whatever substrate you want to use.

Ill look at it. I think the whole thing is built in together. But maybe i can cut the tube and put a standard pick up tube screen on it

I got it home and i think it will make a Sweet nano tank. Still not sure if the undergravel filter will work and the lighting sucks... big time.... my lfs said they used to sell a bulb i could use for saltwater that would support lower leveled corals. Any body know what lights? Heres what mine came with.

ForumRunner_20120109_140911.jpg

He said he used to sell them but he doesnt anymore. He said they look like a compact flourescent for ur home but its a 50/50 bulb. Anyone know where i can get them?

Just google the bulb. I found all kinds of sites a few months ago that sell weird bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom