Thinking of starting a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I picked up some stuff from the ex's this weekend and am thinking os starting a 10gallon reef. I am an electrician so can get some lighting for cost and want to know what is the best way to start out. Ive had a reef tank in the past but want to go about things properly to create the best environment possible. Ideally I want some live rock and want some clowns and a nem for them to host. The tank has basic stuff, small aquaclear hob filter, and a plastic canopy that takes standard light bulbs. I don't want to break the bank but can justify a little spending to create ideal conditions. Any input welcome.

Unfortunately the 10g is way too small for clowns and a nem. The nem will take over a tank if given the chance. An anenome will also require an established tank, pristine stable water and high lighting. if thats the stock you want I woudl suggest at lesat a 30g at the bare minimum and thats only because of the nem. A pair of clowns can go into a 20g in my opinion but nothing else. Also, there is only a 50/50 shot they will host it, it's pretty much a crap shoot. lol

They are also known to host a ton of other things though, while mine ignored my nem they hosted an expensive australian elegeance coral that had to be given away since they were killing it. They also can host rocks, powerheads and any number of other things. :-D

Back
Top Bottom