To Nano, Or Not To Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been thinking of starting a 12gal NanoCube Reef tank in my office for the last few weeks now, and I finally got the go-ahead from my boss several day ago. But now that I got the green light, I'm having second thoughts. I keep adding the Nano Cube setup to my shopping cart on Dr's F&S .COM , but I cant get up the nerve to order it. I can use live rock, water and live sand from my established tank and have this thing up and running in no time, but the upkeep is what i am thinking about. Has anyone here done this in there office? I need opinions of others before I do this. Let me know what you think.

I have both my tanks in my office and I usually try to do maintenance and feeding during lunch, or in the evenings before I leave.

I noticed recently that the paint has been eaten off of the baseboard behind the 150 and I'm wondering whats going to happen when the day comes that I move the tank.

They are great conversation pieces for customers and I find myself being less than productive sometimes because I just sit and stare at the tank.

Every now and then my porcupine will puff on his own, or I'll find a new critter in my LR (found a brittle star today) and Ill hollar at everyone to come and check it out. I like to spread my lack of production around!!

Aside from daily topoffs and the weekly (yes i suggest weekly on a nano) water changes I dont see much extra work involved. maybe 10 min a day. Probably suggest the water change at the start of the week or mid week vs on the end of teh week just incase something happens and the new water is no good you have all week to notice vs over the weekend.

I had a 10gal in my bedroom for about 6 months before my wife evicted it and I had to sell off the inhabitants. It had LR, LS, Shrooms, a Chili Sponge, 2 clowns, a serpant star, hermits, and snails. So i guess you can say it was a nano reef. I hardly every bothered with it. I did water changes, whenever i got around to it. I hardly ever dosed anything in it. And it thrived. I'm just worried about the WHAT IF's. There are at least 3 other people at my company that keep fish (FW) so i guess i can find somebody to babysit if i need to, like when i go on vacation.

Back
Top Bottom