Torch coral spiraling away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
My large torch coral is dropping/floating fingers into the water. Normal behavior? I've had it since March and other than grow several stalks has never dropped fingers like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If it looks like it's melting away, check your water parameters and do a couple of water changes. If everything is fine with water quality then go to your local aquarium shop and buy some revive coral dip and dip him in there... It might be some sort of disease!!! But sometimes It can just be temporary behaviour. My hammer coral was shrivelling up and melting away to them 2 days later it was back to normal? Odd behaviour that sometimes we can explain and maybe you don't have good flow and debris might be settling on it

everyone of my torches done that but they first sprouted out new stalks then just died off
my frog spawn hammers and green grape are doing fine
if you are using carbon remove it I did that and things perked up alot , they look even better than they did before the carbon was removed ,
i thought it was cause i stopped dosing since i became ill again but that wasnt the problem

Back
Top Bottom