transferring tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, I plan on transferring my clowns, snails, etc, from my 12g nano to a ~20 gallon tank. my clowns want to swim, so I must accomodate them. having a nano, its almost like being a complete newbie with accessories.. so here it goes:

anyways, a few questions.. I'm looking for lighting, and I forgot what the ideal wpg is. I'm looking to add some invertebrates, maybe an anemone (BTA) and as I stated, I'm in the process of planning it out, so I am starting witht he lights.

so is a 1x96w 50/50 not enough light :) i thought it was something around 7x right ?

and powerheads... you want it to turn over 20x or so right ?

just want to be clear on somethings.

thanks
thane

so is a 1x96w 50/50 not enough light
Depends on what you plan to keep, but for an anemone this should be fine. This would give you almost 5 wpg. You might need to place the anemone on a rock a bit higher up depending on how deep the tank is (20 tall vs. 20 standard).

ok thanks.. I mean I thought anemones usually moved themselves, I've seen a friends just crawl around the tank to get to light / flow but anyways, itll just be a regular standard most likely.

The BTA should do ok with 96w PC lights. You are correct in that the BTA will move on its own to find a suitable location

Back
Top Bottom