used biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

200 gallon reef

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking at purchasing a 29 biocube from a guy today. Being used what things should I look for to ensure I am getting a working tank?

What are the most commonly broken parts?

Thanks in advance

Main thing is to check for scratches and fill the tank up full and make sure there are no leaks... Also check the lights and the return pump... I would say to open the pump and make sure the propeller etc. Is not damaged.

Main thing is to check for scratches and fill the tank up full and make sure there are no leaks... Also check the lights and the return pump... I would say to open the pump and make sure the propeller etc. Is not damaged.

That's a good list of things to check for.

Also check each chamber and make sure nothing is cracked. If the seller did mods ask what kind if mods he did so your not surprised when you need certain parts. If its just stock, then stick with the list above and just check for cracks in the chambers and back glass. Also maybe when you fill it, test run the pump and see how everything is flowing. The pump could look good but maybe other issues. You never know.

Ask a lot of questions and most importantly make sure your comfortable with the purchase. How much if I may ask.

There's a sale right now, something like 235.99

Last edited:
I got mine for 65 with the stand

Attachments

• image-3206568753.jpg
    image-3206568753.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 125
That's a good list of things to check for.

Also check each chamber and make sure nothing is cracked. If the seller did mods ask what kind if mods he did so your not surprised when you need certain parts. If its just stock, then stick with the list above and just check for cracks in the chambers and back glass. Also maybe when you fill it, test run the pump and see how everything is flowing. The pump could look good but maybe other issues. You never know.

Ask a lot of questions and most importantly make sure your comfortable with the purchase. How much if I may ask.

There's a sale right now, something like 235.99

Where are u seeing them brand new for 235?

Thanks

Not me personally. Thought someone on this forum picked up a new one for under 300. Thought it was pet mountain maybe?

I could be wrong.

If that is the case I would def pick up a new one bc of warranty purposes.

I will check it out

They're $99.99 at my lfs.

Edit: I'm wrong. That's for a 12 gallon. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom