Water not to minimum in back??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozzlil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help, new to saltwater tank, set up my biocube 29 g....if I have the water filled totally to the top of the tank, the back left filter section ( corner with water pump in it) .... Runs, pushes water into tank, but the side guide that says minimum....maximum, my water isn't even to the minimum mark. It is running quietly, if I take water out it spits and sputters, but I do not think I have any space in tank to add anymore water to get level to minimum.

Not real familiar with the biocube, but if you add more water to the display, shouldn't it raise the level in the back as well? Shouldn't take much...

Exactly, u can't really add anymore water to tank, it is topped off already

Those gauges r kinda screwy in bioCubes. I don't even look at my gauge anymore. But I upgraded my pump which made the gauge inaccurate. U might have an obstruction somewhere in ur filter chambers if everything is stock. If not, then just continue to watch the level in the pump chamber. Top it off when necessary. And also u might b surprised how much higher u can add water before it actually comes out of the tank. If ur saying its topped off when it reaches the black rim at the top. Guess again.

You can add more water to the tank. It will fill up the third chamber before it spills out the sides.

You can add more water to the tank. It will fill up the third chamber before it spills out the sides.
This! Just fill it to the top line (maximum line). Use that as a gauge for your FW top offs and you wont have any problems with salinity swings also.

I have a 29 g bio cube. I read about the freshwater only in chamber 3, but I don't understand. That water is pumped into the tank so won't it dilute the salinity?

My water level is way way high. For my skimmer the Tunze 9002 it has to be. I don't see a difference either way. Just don't let it go below.

darkprincess said:
I have a 29 g bio cube. I read about the freshwater only in chamber 3, but I don't understand. That water is pumped into the tank so won't it dilute the salinity?

Nope the water is what evaporates not the salt.

Back
Top Bottom